MPG with 4.8L and 35X12.50 with 3.42 vs. 3.73 vs. 4.10 vs. 4.56...

2010 with the 4.8 is still a 6 speed if im correct? Cause if it was a 4spd with those tires/ motor id say the 4.10's would probably be your best ratio choice for milage in town and still not seeing crazy revs out on the highway. I think your biggest hit in MPG for the tires in question.. is going to be unsprung weight... your current 285/70/17 destination is 44lbs if it's load C, where the 35/12.5's are ranging from 61-75lbs a tire from what I can find.. thats a 58-84lbs increase in unsprung weight.. thats amost like adding duals.. I think your going to loose 2-4mpg depending on driving style.. and i'd say 3.73 coupled with that 6 speed and a easy foot would give you the best milage.. but its still gonna go down.. I dont care what anyone wants to say.. add that unsprung wt and it takes a whole lot more power to turn..

I'm pretty sure it is a 4 speed. I may just be assuming wrong.

Thanks a lot. That is a good look at rolling mass. I am definitly not very knowledgable when it comes to these things. from what I have read the 3.73 looks like the best bet for my 90% highway driving.

I used to have the same size tires on my truck nitro mud grapplers with 373 gears stock 4.8 regular cab short bed 4x4 and I'm almost certain it's 4 speed automatic trams I believe I used to get about 12 to 13 mpg it does have alot to do with driving habits but I liked to haul ass show off and go off roading what size gears do u have in ur truck now

I used to have the same size tires on my truck nitro mud grapplers with 373 gears stock 4.8 regular cab short bed 4x4 and I'm almost certain it's 4 speed automatic trams I believe I used to get about 12 to 13 mpg it does have alot to do with driving habits but I liked to haul ass show off and go off roading what size gears do u have in ur truck now

I'm thinking: See how it goes and then see If the change to 3.73 is worth it (12-13 is pretty good).

I'm thinking: See how it goes and then see If the change to 3.73 is worth it (12-13 is pretty good).

After my 2nd set of 35s were bawled I up the ainte and put another 6" lift on top to make 12" lift regeared front and rear to 4.88 yukon gears and put some 40/13.50/r17 Goodyear mtrs and amazingly I'm now getting 14 to 16 mpg. Doesn't make much since but I'm happier

After my 2nd set of 35s were bawled I up the ainte and put another 6" lift on top to make 12" lift regeared front and rear to 4.88 yukon gears and put some 40/13.50/r17 Goodyear mtrs and amazingly I'm now getting 14 to 16 mpg. Doesn't make much since but I'm happier

Lmao. You can't be serious. Does someone tow you around to get that mpg? Sorry but you have severely miscalculated.

Lmao. You can't be serious. Does someone tow you around to get that mpg? Sorry but you have severely miscalculated.

Ahahah for sure gettin towed around. Biggest load of nonsense I've read in awhile ahah.

Ahahah for sure gettin towed around. Biggest load of nonsense I've read in awhile ahah.

No I didn't miscalculate I have superchip air intake throttle body spacer force fuel treatment used in every tank and I've clocked it multiple times and that's my average

No I didn't miscalculate I have superchip air intake throttle body spacer force fuel treatment used in every tank and I've clocked it multiple times and that's my average

Must be the throttle body spacer

Must be the throttle body spacer

Gotta be! Those things are almost as good as those tornado inserts. :jester:

Archived