2005 yukon denali flared shift from stop.

hzhardy

Question

I have a 2005 yukon denali that has started to flare at take off. it is very intermitent as it only happens about once a week. I have done a stall test resulting at 2k in all gears positions so I assume the clutches are good. My intention is to have it diagnosed at ammco, but I am currious as to what to expect. If it is something as simple as rebuilding the valve body and replaceing pistons and servos I will do it my self, but I am dreading a complete rebuild. tools are to expensive to rebuild it myself as I only have honda transmission tools and the tool prices put it at the cost of a reman unit.

5 answers to this question

Probably cheaper that both scenarios if you just buy one from these guys,have it shipped, & install it yourself. Would be 10x stronger than anything Ammco would build .... and I'd trust the workmanship.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/

I am hoping to be able to just rebuild the valve body and do a flush and be good for about 6 mo till I buy another truck. atleast it is paid off, it sucks paying on a note for something broke.

I hear you loud and clear.

Ball joints at 38k ..... struts at 50k ..... front diff bearings .....

I can thank GM for setting me straight on new vehicles - from now on, a "new" vehicle for me will be 40 or more years old, & built by me.

Tell me about it, my 1939 ford starts right up no matter how long it has sat and gets better gas millage with a 350 hp 350 bowtie with a radical cam and 3 speed than my 2012 truck, go figure. Just have to stay out of the vacum secondaries. I truely believe a properly tuned carb meters fuel better than any fuel injection system out there.

My line of thinking as well. Can't beat the throttle response ... and the ability to tune with a $3 flathead screwdriver instead of a $400 laptop. :cheers:

Archived