Has anyone made an insurance video?

kstruckcountry

I was thinking the other day, that if my truck were totaled, it would make my claim a lot easier if I had a video showing the truck inside and out. I don't want to get stuck with a POS truck, as many aren't in very good condition. If I had the video of everything I've put on, would they be more likely to play nice and give me money for parts to get the replacement where this one is? While it may not look like much, all this stuff adds up.

Kind of the same thing you would with a house?

Yes I did of my garage/tools recently. The reason was because a few wks a house locally exploded (natural gas/intentional?) and took out 80 homes. Would rather be safe than sorry. IMO I would suggest doing it

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapolis-house-explosion-case-now-criminal-homicide-investigation/story?id=17764143Ryan

I made an insurance video in high school it was hilarious it was called smallstate insurance and was only available in really small states and It involved me hitting a dummy with a quad and several other shenanigans, basically a parody of Allstate. But I agree make one for your truck i may do mine soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't heard that one

They are leaning towards it was purposely started

When it first happened they thought a plane crashed

Ryan

Well I read some interesting news sources. :lol:

The story was obviously bogus- it claimed a Russian early warning satellite picked up the launch plume from the missile the drone fired. Early warning satellites are used to pick up the exhaust plume from an ICBM- nuclear missiles. Huge, ground launched things. It would never pick up the tiny signature of a Hellfire being fired from a drone.

A video would be OK, but a file of good photographs is a ton better. They can be stored easily and emailed if/when something happens - plus - good pics can show a lot better detail than a moving video. Either way, they may or may not help your settlement in the even of a loss. Payoffs generally adhere to an average value system or ACV (actual cash value) which is based on local sales of similar vehicles. Very rarely will a company vary much from that.

Keep in mind that most insurance companies do not cover added accessories like custom wheels, suspension, shells, Electronics, etc unless they are specifically added as a rider to the policy. I've seen a lot of people get screwed because they assumed they had coverage, but found out the hard way they did not.

Archived