Add the concrete outside where you can. It adds to the "living space" of your shop. I believe I am going to put a large concrete pad full width in front of my building. I have seen several with an awning or "front porch" for quick outside repairs or just as covered parking. I will include a lean-to full width on one side for outside storage for trailers, lumber and other junk we think we must have. I am not sure on my eave height, but taller (12 ft) would allow for mezanine storage inside. I really want a lift in my building, but I will take more concrete outside to begin with. Oh, my daughter insist on a cross court basketball court out front also.

Good luck with the pee-wee racing and keeping yours upright. Go to garage journal forum for plenty of garage tips.

Babyhauler

Thats exactly what i was thinking. B ball court and all. Back I want a lean-to for storing stuff that doesnt need to be in doors. Side I planned a basketball ball hoop and lighting for late play in the summer. Front awning sounds like a good idea for those quick repairs or to keep the door open when raining. Lots of options! Thanks for more ideas! I need a bathroom too haha. Thinking a simple hole in the wall and some pvc should do the trick!

Man, it was great to get back on the bike after 9 months. The little guy wanted to hit the riding spot with me. Worked out bc I wanted to break her in somewhat mildly. We had a blast "racing". He kept turning his bike off and saying it wouldn't start, then kept asking to ride on mine with me. It was a geat afternoon and the bike ran great!

IMG_20130119_120434.jpg

IMG_20130119_155909.jpg

He was happy to have his bike dirty like daddy's.

IMG_20130119_193219.jpg

Well, that concludes this "build" haha. It was fun!

Archived