Using Antifreeze??

So i went outside yesterday morning to to add some washer fluid and noticed my antifreeze reservoir was about and 1" or 1.5" below the full cold line. The truck sat over night and it was about 60 degrees outside. Is this normal or did i loose some antifreeze somewhere? Truck only has 26,000 miles on it. I have the 4.8l V8. I just don't see where it could have gone i don't see any spray in the engine bay and there is no staining beneath it.

Sounds like you don't know for certain that the level was higher before and now it has changed?

If you don't know, refill to a known level and keep an eye on it for changes. If it steadily goes down over time, then you have a leak or it is being burned in the engine.

If you are still under warranty, take it in to get the fact it is low recorded.

Sounds like you don't know for certain that the level was higher before and now it has changed?

If you don't know, refill to a known level and keep an eye on it for changes. If it steadily goes down over time, then you have a leak or it is being burned in the engine.

If you are still under warranty, take it in to get the fact it is low recorded.

^^^^ + 100 !!!

I don't think you should worry because the amount of coolant in the tank fluctuates over time. Sometimes mine is a little lower than usual but then sooner or later it will be back up to the previous level.

And the fact that your truck is a 2011 makes it even less of a realistic problem to have.

Archived