what do park assist, driver door speaker, and turn signal volume have

I have an 07 NBS 2500HD with the LT2 pkg - I also added the park assist (rear ultrasonic transducers). It has the std radio/CD package with speakers in the doors and in the A pillars. Last Sept I was in a wreck that caused damage to the RT side of the truck - the front fender, ext cab door, and rear bumper cover (including one of the sensors) were replaced. In the paint process the bed was removed. When I got the truck back the DIC reported that the Park Assist was off. This happened for about the first 3 times I started the truck - then the park assist worked fine. Until the last month when it went out and stayed out. At the same time the speaker in the drivers door stopped working and the noise from the turn signal blinker dropped in volume. I thought I had this licked when I found that the wire to the new sensor was loose - I removed and re seated it. The park assist worked fine - as did the speaker, and the turn signals. Tonight the park assist failed again and so did the speaker and the turn signal. Is this coincidence or are these somehow related through one of the six computer modules? If there is something that the body shop might have done - I need to know as it would be covered by insurance. But I need to be able to give them a valid explanation for this problem. Right now all I have is that it all started when they worked on the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there are no replies - however I now have a new problem - the chimes went from normal to low to nothing - and I did not change anything. BTW the Park Assist is not working at all now. I am wondering if this could be computer related -or perhaps a wiring problem - anybody got some suggestions???

Could be anything, but the park assist chimes, turn signal sound, all warning chimes are vocalized through the driver door speaker. If that goes out you will have no chimes, beeps, or clicks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thanks, that helps a lot. Looks like it is time to tear apart the door and check the speaker - the one in the A pillar is working OK - just the one in the door. It appears that the loss of the park assist system is a different issue.

Archived