5 Speed Manual - hard to shift when hot?

My 93 K1500 is now hard to shift into gear when at normal operating temp. Sometimes it takes two hands to get into 1st. Is this a clutch issue, low gear oil or something else? Clutch and motor have 35K miles, tranny has 164K miles.

It could be either. Have you checked your clutch adjustment? Was the pilot bearing replaced with the clutch? Could be low on fluid causing it to overheat. Where did the clutch kit come from (brand)?

It could be either. Have you checked your clutch adjustment? Was the pilot bearing replaced with the clutch? Could be low on fluid causing it to overheat. Where did the clutch kit come from (brand)?

Clutch adjustment seems fine (it is OEM and installed by a dealer with the GM crate motor). Bearing was replaced. If it was the clutch, wouldn't I get grinding when trying to get into gear?

It prob would grind in other gears if it was the clutch. I would drain fluid and flush. Try new fluid. Take shifter out to pour whatever you use to flush. I have used diesel but gas would be better to unstick syncros.

Archived