2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

How what was your mileage? What's your gear ratio? Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For the tank, 18.7 on the display, 18.5 hand calculated. 95% of that was my 4 mile drive to work which is heavy construction stop and go right now. 4x4 3.08's.

Cruise set on 73 for 95% of the 27 miles. The rest was anywhere from 35 to 55 mph.

Good to hear mileage is till good at that speed.

How what was your mileage? What's your gear ratio? Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For the tank, 18.7 on the display, 18.5 hand calculated. 95% of that was my 4 mile drive to work which is heavy construction stop and go right now. 4x4 3.08's.Cruise set on 73 for 95% of the 27 miles. The rest was anywhere from 35 to 55 mph.

Yeah I know right!? I'm very pleased with it!

• Like 1

For the tank, 18.7 on the display, 18.5 hand calculated. 95% of that was my 4 mile drive to work which is heavy construction stop and go right now. 4x4 3.08's.Cruise set on 73 for 95% of the 27 miles. The rest was anywhere from 35 to 55 mph.

My drive to work is very similar. About how many miles do you get out if a tank of gas on average?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last one was around 400 miles, around 22 gallons. It has a 26 gallon tank, I think it was showing around 1/8 of a tank left. That was on the 18.5 average. I was averaging 14-15 with my Ram on the same drive, so it's quite an improvement. If someone drives mostly highway I could see them getting 500-550 miles out of a tank, which is amazing.

I encourage all of you that are interested in fuel mileage statistics for your vehicle, sign up at http://www.fuelly.com and start tracking your 2014 truck!

Currently there are only 3 people that have tracked mileage on a 2014 Silverado https://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/silverado%201500/2014

and 1 person tracking with a 2014 sierra.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/gmc/sierra%201500/2014

It is a very interesting website and if you are diligent in entering your numbers everytime, you can get some very nice statistics going that you and others can view.

• Like 2

I encourage all of you that are interested in fuel mileage statistics for your vehicle, sign up at http://www.fuelly.com and start tracking your 2014 truck!

Currently there are only 3 people that have tracked mileage on a 2014 Silverado https://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/silverado%201500/2014

and 1 person tracking with a 2014 sierra.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/gmc/sierra%201500/2014

It is a very interesting website and if you are diligent in entering your numbers everytime, you can get some very nice statistics going that you and others can view.

Just wish they had a mobile app that would allow us to enter from or phones

That would be nice, once they do that I'll start using it. It would be much easier to do it from my phone once I'm done filling up.

Just wish they had a mobile app that would allow us to enter from or phones

They do! For the iphone the app is called Gastracker. Just do a search in the app store for that name. You will see that the app is owned by Fuelly, LLC.7ebedyha.jpgmy7agequ.jpgy8ujytat.jpg Also, before that, I used http://m.fuelly.com for years. It is formated for a cell phone and works great for getting your data entered quickly while at the gas station. nusatury.jpg6yny3enu.jpgThen you can visit the full site from your computer to see the fancy stuff. Edited by b1gted

I'm on Android. I hate that companies feel that Apple is lie the only game in town when in reality Android holds way more market share than Apple.

Nothing in google Play for them :(

That sucks. I signed up under jkoch1981, it wouldn't let me use Joe_K.

I'm on Android. I hate that companies feel that Apple is lie the only game in town when in reality Android holds way more market share than Apple.

Nothing in google Play for them :(

Use. Http://m.fuelly.com

It works well. I used it that way for 2 years. Give it a try.

Still a pain in the ass having to screw with the mobile browsers. Probably won't use it much until an app shows up. I read a few threads off Google where the site owners were fighting with people about why they didn't want to create an app for their site...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I did find that big things are happening over at fuelly.com Here is a quote from Aug. 22nd last week:

Fuelly iOS Announcement

August 22, 2013 4:32 PM feed10.gif Subscribe
Today we are proud to announce that Fuelly has acquired GasCubby, the leading iOS fuel logging app.

The "fuel-up" process is the heart & soul of any fuel logging system. It should be as easy, fast, & accurate as possible to add data. Although Fuelly has a mobile optimized site, a data connection might not always be available. We want the best experience for our users, and we feel that is a going to mean storing your data locally and syncing to the cloud. You should be able to edit your data from your iPhone, a website or an Android tablet.

We were researching the best and most popular iOS apps on the market and GasCubby was the obvious leader. As we defined what would make for the most efficient fuel logging process, GasCubby has it dialed in. We started thinking "Why reinvent the wheel? Maybe we could join forces?" A few weeks later we worked out the logistics and GasCubby will become the official Fuelly iOS app.

We're planning a total re-write for iOS 7, it will be the foundation for us to iterate on moving forward. Our goal is to perfect the "fuel-up" from native apps and then from there we plan to listen to features requested by members and

At first the name will be changed to Gas Fuelly and the old 'wooden' GasCubby logo will remain the same. We don't want people to look on their phones and not be able to find the app. With time we'll update the logo and the name will simply be the Fuelly app. There will continue to be a full featured ad supported version and a premium paid (ad free) version which will have more features enabled (similar to the current GasCubby FREE and GasCubby paid apps).

Our vision is to provide a cross platform system where users can enjoy a beautiful interface from iOS to Android and even from a mobile or traditional desktop browser. We will remain focused on making sure our fuel-up process is the most efficient possible and look forward to discussing new features with our members as we decide what else to add to our system.
So they do have plans for improvement, even over the buggy gas tracker app they currently have.
Edited by b1gted