P Tire Load/Inflation Table

GeeJay

I had the dealer swap the OE tires on my new 2013 Sierra 1500 CC for Michelin M/S2 P265/65R18.

In the past, with my 2500HD, I always inflated the tires on both the truck and travel trailer using weigh scale axle weights, which I checked from time to time, and the Goodyear RV Load/Inflation Table.

However, I have done multiple searches for a load/inflation table for passenger tires and the only data I found, which is confirmed in the Sierra manual, is that passenger tire load capacity is reduced by 9% on light trucks and SUVs due to the higher CG.

Does anyone know where load/inflation data can be found for passenger tires in general and P265/65R18 in particular.

Thanks

GJ

Yes, when using P-metric tires on light trucks and SUV's you de-rate the load indicated in the TRA charts by dividing them by 1.1. So if the pressure for the P tire corresponds to 2000 lb load, it would be rated for 2000/1.1 = 1818 lb for LT applications.

Toyo has a pretty extensive list of TRA tables (P265/65/18 is on page A7) that can be downloaded from this page:

Archived