2014+ Bed Construction / Dimmensions

Can you 2014 owners tell me if they still have those 6 odd shaped holes under the bed rail in the bed? My 08 has them and with my topper, the dust and junk gets into the bed and everything in there, even though I have some foam rubber stuffed in the holes.

Can you 2014 owners tell me if they still have those 6 odd shaped holes under the bed rail in the bed? My 08 has them and with my topper, the dust and junk gets into the bed and everything in there, even though I have some foam rubber stuffed in the holes.

For the tie down anchors. You should be able to get the rubber plugs at the dealer or off the net somewhere.

Guys, I'm not talking about the oval holes for the anchors or cargo system. I'm talking about the big odd shaped holes up under the rail. They're just a few inches from the oval holes under the top rail. You can see part of one up and left of the yellow tiedown pic in the gray bed. You can almost get your hand thru them and they go between the outer metal and the bed metal all the way to the ground. Six large holes open to the road dirt and debris, water, etc..

To me, it's like the manufacturing guys at GM just got to a hard to make area and gave up and said "that's good enough". For my use with a topper on all the time, it's a problem. All the other holes and tailgate can be sealed except those.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but this is the kinda stuff that makes me want to buy another brand.

My 2008 has foam stuffed in the holes but it doesn't keep out all the dust. The rest of the bed has been caulked with RTV.

Someone (aftermarket) makes a bed seal kit for the 2007.5-2013 GM trucks. It plugs off those big, gapping, unfinshed holes your referring to.

I'd swore someone on here posted it on this site a few months back.....?

• 2 weeks later...

Another pic2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-LTZ-bed-ti

Does anyone know where I can find these tie downs for the oval shaped holes in the bed? I have looked everywhere. The Chevy dealer Parts Manager looks at me funny when I try to show him. He has no idea what I am talking about. Not in the 2013 or 2014 accessory books. The picture of the black truck with the yellow strap a few posts above IS in the book for 2014 but the description states that it is the top tie downs for the top rail. Also, does the cargo rail system for the 2013 fit the 14? The parts guy and the service rep state that it is a completely re-designed truck and they will not fit but the inside of the beds of the 13 and 14 looks exactly the same to me!

The parts guy and the service rep state that it is a completely re-designed truck

As with most at the dealership, they're wrong. It's not a compete redesign.. several K2 parts are shared with the GMT-900. Case and point, the interior bed sheet metal. So yes, you can use the old rail system.

Unfortunately when I look up that part number on a different website it shows a completely different tie down. Different style, different mount location???

6e6e7ury.jpg

Best to call and make sure what your getting. Most likely its just the wrong pic. They do that a lot I noticed on different parts sites. I been loking at organizer for the console and only one site showed what it really looked like. The rest were using an older pic. All the same part number.

Unfortunately when I look up that part number on a different website it shows a completely different tie down. Different style, different mount location???6e6e7ury.jpg

Black loops are called "Tie Down Rings" part number 23146899.

Stake hole hooks are "Bed Tie Downs, Stainless" part number 12498613.

Archived