Rough Idle

Ragsy1083

Question

So recently I've noticed that my 2011 Sierra 1500 is idling rough whenever I have to come to a stop, with a noticible shudder at times throughout the truck. I took it to my local dealer and they determined that the throttle position sensor was bad and replaced it. It was okay for a day, but the shudder came back today on the way home from work. I've tried different gas stations thinking it might be the gas (dealer's other idea)with no change. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

6 answers to this question

So even though they said they checked the spark plugs, the tech looked farther back into the computer history and found that one of the plugs had a misfire. Sure enough the plug was cracked. Replaced the plug and sounds as good as ever

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I just got a letter from GM on that same problem today. it doesn't have a service number with it, but it does say they will cover the problem for 10 years or 120,000 miles. So you are not alone!

Mike

So I guess the problem is top secret !!! and you have to bring it in on warranty so they can fix it ( if I am reading your post correctly)

Scooby. Pls Post the Fix after you get it back under warranty from the Dealership.

I just got a letter from GM on that same problem today. it doesn't have a service number with it, but it does say they will cover the problem for 10 years or 120,000 miles. So you are not alone!

Mike

I got that same letter and took it with me to the dealership when I went the first time, and they said that wasn't the issue because there were other symptoms for that fault that I wasn't having (check engine light; stabilitrak off; severely sluggish response)

I'm taking it back in on Monday and dropping it off...hopefully this time they can figure out what's going on

As long as there are engine trouble codes present the dealership is allowed by warranty to remove your throttle body, open it up, replace the black over and install new contacts, and then reinstall it on the vehicle. If no trouble codes present usually service advisors try to see a throttle body and/or fuel injection cleaning service and blame it on non-top teir gas and/or ethanol.

Archived