Need a Fair opinion on guys towing with the new 5.3l

nards444

Thanks for the information. I tossed around the 6.2 but with all factors considered its a poor decision at least for me. Like I said I tow that load max 10-12 times a year tops 40mins one way both on roads going 60mph with gently rolling terrain one way and flat the other. No doubt the 6.2 will give added power but then again your still talking about a 1/2 ton put a diesel in a half ton its still going to tow like half ton.

Really when you factor in the cost of the 6.2 having to get it in a top trim level, the fact that my MPG will suffer the other 350 days of the years, its really a bad call. 6.2 in general IMO is space manufactures have tried to fill from guys wanting 3/4tons but cant afford or dont want the cost of upkeep on them, in the end Im not sure you get that much capability.

I appreaciate the information specially on the WD hitch. Truck is already bought. I just went from an eco which in my book for half a ton towed like 10, and I expected some downward progress but didnt want to go from a 10 to a 5.

According to the Chevy web page the Maxtow includes the upgraded HD (9.75) 3.73 locker (only option) and is available on both the LT and the LTZ. The camper/towing mirrors are a no cost option with the Maxtow package.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived