questions on tuners for my Denail

ponchonutty

It is safe to buy one used. The software is free when you purchase the tune from black bear. Now you can buy that now, and pay for the tune in a month or whatever to spread the cost out for yourself. I 2ould say jump on it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Well, obviously this is something I don't HAVE to have right away. I think it would be best just to buy a brand new one for $75 more and be done with it. I didn't realize to buy new software was so expensive. What do you have to do send them your VIN number then they give you a passcode based off that or something?

It gets your VIN when you read the file off your truck. It is really nice to have the Autocal. I have one, I have had 2 of them. I thought buying the used one would have helped you with cost because you could split it up

I thought buying the used one would have helped you with cost because you could split it up

Yeah I know. That's what I was thinking too but for $75 I might as well wait and buy a new one. I could also buy another brand of tuner and half as much into it too. If I could buy a BB piece for $100 or so I'd probably take my chance. If not, I just think buying a new, current piece would be the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting a Daiblo Intune for $200 shipped. WOW what a difference. Can't wait to throw a CAI on it too.

u may have done something considering mostly cost. if u did your research, blackbear with auto cal is pretty much the way to go. i know there are lots of great tuners out there, but it is not difficult for feedback or help with the blackbear tune/process. seeing how u have the intone, i believe they have datalogging available. get a custom tune from diablew. i believe u can contact him on this forum. trust me, it will be worth it!! cheers

• 5 months later...

Just watch for the BlackBear "meets" and wait for one in your area. I drove to Minneapolis a few years ago and got a tune on my 08 SD. I don't have that auto cal or anything, I just went for a ride with Justin, he plugged in and did his thing. I was willing to forgo any warranty issues for the tune and with yours being an 08 I'm pretty sure that there is no warranty left on yours. You could get a custom tune when ready and then sell your Diablo that you have today. I'm pretty sure that custom tune from Justin was in the cost area of that Diablo tune. I really have not seen any mpg gains, but the truck drives so much better and when you hit the gas it goes, downshifts without hesitation... definitely worth it!!

Archived