Cut mufflers out sound like ???

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your true duals without an H or X pipe is whats causing the cackle. If you want it to still cackle some, but not be as loud as it is now, then run two mufflers, and still keep each bank separate from one another. If you want to get rid of most of the cackle and give it a smoother (and quieter) tone, then run a big bodied, dual in, dual out muffler with a built in X pipe and straight through design (like the magnaflow mentioned earlier). And for mufflers....the longer and larger the case, the more quiet it's going to be.

Update!!! Long story short I have listened to all y'all's opinions and thanks so much guys!!!! All videos on you tube are not like in person lol. So I stopped the shipment because I'm worried it would have still been a little to loud... I am looking at flowmasters 50hd series and a borla xs muffler... The body of these are like 18-22" long and that seems very big compared to the 14" body on the manga flow... The overall size of the magnaflow seemed perfect by the specs???? It's true duals 2.5" in and out!!!!! What to do!!!!!!

Update!!! Long story short I have listened to all y'all's opinions and thanks so much guys!!!! All videos on you tube are not like in person lol. So I stopped the shipment because I'm worried it would have still been a little to loud... I am looking at flowmasters 50hd series and a borla xs muffler... The body of these are like 18-22" long and that seems very big compared to the 14" body on the manga flow... The overall size of the magnaflow seemed perfect by the specs???? It's true duals 2.5" in and out!!!!! What to do!!!!!!

Well I have looked and looked

Flowmaster 50 hd

Borla xs

Magnaflow

Dynomax ultra flow

Dynomax ultra flow max

Flowmaster 40

I'm trying to decide so I can order and like driving it again... Driving me insane looking @ all these... Remember back in the day? Cherry bombs or flowmaster lol no choices so it was easy hahahahah

Well.....would you rather say "It's still too loud" or "Dang, now it's too quiet." It's safe to say the 22" would quiet it down nicely, but if you're worried about it being too quiet, then go for the 18". Or, if you want to keep your true duals (without the X pipe), then buy two separate mufflers (one for each side).

Archived