Lift & Tire Selection

Caylor30

I have a 2011 Silverado 5.3L, 4WD, I am currently waiting on my 2.5" RC suspension kit to arrive. I am now debating on a tire and rim selection. My current tire size is 265-65R17.

With the kit I am applying, it is recommended that I run 285-70r17 with factory backspacing. I want to run a 33x12.50x17 or 33x12.50x18. will it be possible to run this tire and if so, what backspacing will I need? Does anyone have any recommendations regarding rims? Are Teflon coated rims decent?

Greatly appreciate the help

You can run those tires on factory wheels relatively easily with minimal rubbing, however on aftermarket your going to need to bust out a cutoff wheel. Prepare to cut metal out of the fenders. The more positive the offset of the wheel the better the fitment.

Greatly appreciate the response. I figured a little trimming would be neccesary but wanted to ask prior to making my next purchase. Now let me ask you another question, what would you recommend for tires I was looking at nitto Terra grappler a/t, Toyo open country, and dick cepek fun country. Kind of curious as to what others think.

I will personally never run an AT again. They just look boring on a beefy truck and once they wear some they begin to look more and more like a street tire. With Nitto and Toyo you can get an aggressively styled MT with excellent road manners and wear. So the options are clear to me.

Archived