In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
CorvetteOJ

Got My Wheels!

I know some folks on this forum were following my "wheel saga" pretty close. As a matter of fact, I have actually bonded with a couple guys through PMs. I thought the best way to inform everyone would be to initiate a new topic.

A short recap for those who haven't been following the story. I ordered my 6.2 Denali on Sept. 19th, the first day GM began accepting orders for the 6.2s and the Denalis. I ordered the 22" (SEY) wheel package as one of three options, the other two were the 6.2, and the driver alert package. The truck was actually built on Oct. 18th, shipped on Oct. 25th and arrived at the dealership on Nov. 7th.

However, when it arrived it was shipped with "steelies" which is a flat black disk for a wheel, (looks a lot like the old donut spares, but 22" diameter. They had what I would call "bicycle tires" for shipping purposes only. The dealership told me they couldn't deliver it without my wheels and the best they could find out was it would be at least another two weeks before they got them. Needless to say, I pitched a pretty big fit and the dealer finally agreed to loan me a set of 22" chrome wheels from the parts department that was already mounted and balanced and sitting on display. They did that and I took delivery on Nov 7th the same day it arrived at the dealership.

Moving forward two weeks, and yesterday, I got my 22" SEY wheel package installed. Everyone knows what they look like, but OMG, do they look magnificent on my sonoma red Denali. The entire truck drives and handles completely different than with the loaners. I think the SEYs are 1/2 in wider and they came with the Bridgestone All Terrain tires. The loaners had what appeared to be an automotive type tread pattern on them.

The bottom line here is my entire ordering process actually took a total of 9 weeks before I got my truck the way I ordered it. I will get some pictures posted in the next few days. During the two weeks of ownership, I have spent over $3000 on mods and accessories to include custom cat back dual exhaust with 22" Magnaflow, Undercover painted bed cover, bed rug, extensive graphics (too much for most of you), 2" leveling kit, tail gate light bar, under seat storage unit, chrome fuel door, chrome tow hooks, and chrome tail gate handle. I have also ordered Lloyd mats, embroided with "GMC." None of that would have been done yet, if I would had waited the two weeks for my wheels to arrive. That's my story, sorry for the long post, but I thought most of you guys might be interested in the outcome of my wheel sage.

I have ot add this. I love my dealership. I would order another vehicle tomorrow from them. The two most accommodating folks there were the guy who orders all the vehicles for the dealership...he kept me fully informed the entire time and the other guy was the sales manager. Those two guys made the whole experience work for me.

Pics? I bet it looks incredible in person!

I'm looking to get the 22" SEV black six spoke LPO wheels on an all black one!

OJ,

Glad everything turned out ok. I am looking forward to the pics. No one can accuse you of not thinking of enough "mods" for your truck! Lol.

Will

What to go man! Send the pics over I'll post then for you! How the wheels are everything I promised you they'd be!

Sent from my SCH-I535

OJ asked me to post a few pictures of his truck for him.

Here they are...

The loaners

6yqesuhy.jpg

The best looking wheels available for any truck out right now...

tusadavu.jpg

8esameby.jpg

qy4aby9y.jpg

jy4y3a9e.jpg

4e2evu3u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

• Like 1

I want to sincerely thank Rain403 for posting these pics for me. This is a fantastic forum. It's amazing the help one can get on here. I was on the Hummer forum for years and posted pics on it using Photobucket, but haven't broken the code on here yet. My problem is getting from here to phtobucket. I'll get it soon. Once again, thanks Rain, appreciate your help.

Awesome wheels!!!

The wheels really do look nice. I am a plain jane kinda guy myself so some of your other mods aren't my cup of tea but to each his own. I do like the personalized plate though My screen name just happens to be the plate that is on my drag car (yes the car in my avatar is plated and insured but with 820hp on tap it isn't real user friendly on the street lol)

Craig

Anyone have a pic of those 22" steelies?

Yes, but I'll have to send it to Rain403 and ask him to post.