kstruckcountry's 2006 Silverado Z71

kstruckcountry

The headlights don't look too bad, maybe try toothpaste in the meantime? And sooner or later just get new housings and be done with it imo. I have a neighbor with a 99-03 2500 with new housings all across the front end and it looks amazing, which matches the rest of the truck since it's in great shape.

And how does the engine cooling do with the front bumper?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I'll look into the kits, I really like these and they're aimed perfectly so.... :driving: Very bright for stock lights, and the bulbs are the ones that came with it 5 years ago, really reliable.

I've never noticed any cooling issues, around town when it's hotter and stop and go I think I've seen 208F. Usually in the summer on the highway it hovers around 202F. Trans temp usually runs ambient temperature + 90F, sometimes a touch more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'll update with a picture of my new tailpipe setup. I got tired of looking at the factory tailpipe. It's tucked up enough now that it isn't really visible, but doesn't leave exhaust under the pickup. Pretty similar to how it is on the SUV's.

20161018_131742_zpsrpkq72gk.jpg

20161019_101130_zpsgvqpelk0.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update: 141,xxx miles

I painted the frame with semigloss POR-15 after wire wheeling it. Quite the job.

20161124_105638_zpshqyst6zx.jpg

I also installed a RC steering stabilizer. It makes a noticeable difference on rutted pavement and rough dirt roads.

http://www.roughcountry.com/steering-stabilizer-87326-20.html

After 42,xxx faithful, flat free miles from the Cooper ATPs, I got some new Cooper ATWs.

20161128_094146_zpsbfnks3wq.jpg

• Like 3

Nice man! Frame looks fantastic and those tires should do great in the snow.

Oh do you have pics of the steering stabilizer installed? I've been thinkin about picking one up.

Nice man! Frame looks fantastic and those tires should do great in the snow.

Oh do you have pics of the steering stabilizer installed? I've been thinkin about picking one up.

I'll get pictures. It's a pretty simple setup.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd post an update on the tires. I was in the mountains and got over 5 feet of snow. The tires did awesome, they have about 2000 miles on them now. Buddy has KO2s and the difference was noticeable, especially under braking.

The funny thing is, I still haven't put in the balancing beads, and they don't vibrate. So somehow I managed to get 4 perfect tires? Crazy. I'll put the beads in this weekend and see if I notice a difference.

20170109_165727_zpssi53ndvg.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They're 10 ply, so going by the load rating and pressure of the OE tires it pro rates to about that. I could probably run a hair less, but the ATWs are a very smooth and grippy tire so far, so I haven't felt a need to lower it.

The balancing beads did make a noticeable difference. For $30 I'm pleased, and won't be going with conventional balancing again.

They're 10 ply, so going by the load rating and pressure of the OE tires it pro rates to about that. I could probably run a hair less, but the ATWs are a very smooth and grippy tire so far, so I haven't felt a need to lower it.

The balancing beads did make a noticeable difference. For $30 I'm pleased, and won't be going with conventional balancing again.

Where'd you get em for all 4 wheels for $30?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk