Opinion on best tires?

ASW

Hey guys,

So I'm picking up my truck next week...a 2014 Sierra Denali fully loaded. One of the features that I have is the $200 option to get the "all terrain" tires.

What are these tires like in terms of ride quality vs. the all season ones? and also aside from these two stock options - what are some really solid tires to swap out for?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the stock tires are horrid and the "all-terrain" tires are not a whole lot better if you are in any extreme climate or plan on doing any off-road driving. Again this is my opinion based on the fact I live in Atlantic Canada with a fairly harsh winter environment.

It'll be 95% on pavement driving, 5% off road. I prefer comfort and quietness...

Sounds like the stock tires (or another all season tire) would be your best bet. An AT tire is likely to provide a louder, harsher ride and lower fuel economy than even the stock all seasons.

What's your story with doing this?

Bought a 14 Sierra SLT crew, standard box, iridium, loaded. Dealer smashed it up and can't find a replacment so I am ordering the identical truck. I am going to make them trade in the goodyear ATS or bridgestones (depending if I get 20s or 22s) on something else. Maybe I'll pay the difference. Maybe I will argue seeing I have a little leverage considering the circumstances.

You don't have any options with the 22's. There are only maybe 10 choices on tire rack. The Bridgestone's are the best the bunch. I've been really happy with them on my 22's. When it snowed last week I didn't even need to kick it into 4WD...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archived