2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Rough Start

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batman

I found the ethanol content with my scan tool-I'm a tech with my own shop but could not do the reprogram myself. Took it in and they kept it overnight to make sure it was OK the next morning. My truck is a 2010 with 22K miles-out of bumper to bumper but dealer thought powertrain warranty might cover it. Have not heard from them yet.

I totally feel the same way. I have tried near about everything. The trouble was that no one knew what it was, not even the dealership. It was because there were no trouble codes to lead them to something. The last thing that I have done seems to have fixed the problem. I took someones advice and ran the tank really low, and filled it up with ethanol free gas. I did this because the these trucks don't have an ethanol sensor because it costs too much according to GM so they designed them to do some type of algorithm calculation when the tank detects that it has had fuel added to it. During these first miles upon refueling it calculates the correct alcohol to ethanol ratio for the fuel, and if you read your owners manual somewhere it says this refueling process. The problem is that the fuel trim values are incorrect because it missed the calculation one time causing it to miss-calculate it every time after that. The reason for it miss-calculating is that you are supposed to run the truck for at least 7 miles or like 20 minutes before you switch it off. This gives it time to calculate it. The reason I went ethanol free was to totally eliminate the cause of the incorrect fuel mixture ratio by thinking there is ethanol. It says this is only necessary when switching from e85 to regular but I have never ran e85 in it. So when the engine is cold, it reads the fuel trims. That wrong fuel trim causes it to misfire like and do what it does. I will probably run another tank of ethanol free gas and the procedure just to be safe but I think I have fixed it and maybe this will help you.

I gotta say I was skeptical that this would work, but it absolutely worked.

Filled up with ethanlol free gas yesterday afternoon, cranked this morning without a hitch and just cranked up on my way home today without a hitch. Crazy!

• 1 month later...

Uca black chevy

JUST A FILLED UP FIX UR PROBLEM

Yes, I drove it until it was almost empty, filled up with ethanol free gas (www.pure-gas.org to find a ethanol free station), drove around for 10 minutes, and then test it out 8 or so hours later to see if it works.

Archived