Chrome Trim Question

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone removed the chrome trim from the lower part of their doors. Couldn't find much on here in the way of information, other than one guy, and he said there might be "arrows" or something embedded in the paint or bodywork.

Any feedback or pictures would be awesome.

Also, does anyone know the part number for the front plate trim delete? It's mandatory where I live, but I don't care, it would look better without it.

Thanks in advance!

T

2013 10 10 17.56.18

2013 10 10 17.55.59

IMG 1043

2013 10 10 17.57.17

he process is so easy! I removed my mold trim, (you can see it in my pics). Honestly all you need is a heat gun and a window tint kit ( they look like thin plastic scrapers) some goo gone and micro fiber towel. Use the heat gun on a good setting and slowly go back and forth on molding one door at a time, in about 5 or so minutes you will see the mold rising off the door. heat for a minute or so longer and then slowly peel away the molding. Be very careful the 3M tape will be very very hot and burn you, the warmer it is the easier to remove, then when you have it all off use the goo gone to take away the residue. You tube has videos on how to remove molding, it is very easy !

no i had no marking or arrows, i have no idea what he is talking about, but on my vehicle no arrows or any markings!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Are you wanting the license tag trim piece or to remove it and put a tag there?

I'm wanting the filler piece, for lack of a better phrase... there's just an opening there, for a tag....

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I'm wanting the filler piece, for lack of a better phrase... there's just an opening there, for a tag....

did you read the post that someone was looking for the same trim piece and it was under their drivers seat!!

Archived