Any info on the 2015 Sierra/Silverados ?

Well, this morning I talked to GMC customer care in regards to my truck that was ordered on Oct 24th. This truck originally had a build date of Dec 9th, and now I'm told that they have updated that to a "no build date". I was told that when I ordered my truck it would be 8-12 weeks for the truck. I'm 4 days short of 12 weeks and it hasn't even been built, I figure if they built it today it would likely take over a month for it to arrive in Alberta, meaning my truck will have taken almost 4 months to arrive after ordering. I asked if the truck had constraints on it that would be holding up the build, and the CC rep said that it didn't show that it had any. I have been driving around in a POS work truck since July (when I sold my daily driver) and now I'm starting to consider that if I've waited this long for the truck I might as well bite the bullet and wait for the 2015 model year. I'm sure that some of you will recognize me from earlier posts, but for those that don't, the truck I ordered is a GMC Sierra with the 6.2 max tow package. Last week my dealer told me they couldn't get any info on my order status. All jokes aside, when will the 2015 model year actually start to become available ?

Sounds like the max tow package may be the issue.

I ordered a silverado LTZ Z71 with 6.2

Ordered: dec.3/13

Scheduled: jan.6/14

Checked with online chat today and they said it left Mexico jan.19 and would take 27 business days to arrive.

I'm in British Columbia

The order must have gone in (on Oct 24th), when I talk to GMC Customer Care they recognize the order #. The truck has been sitting at event code status 3400 since the start of December when it had a build date of Dec 9th. Is it possible that my dealer "used up" his dealer allocation? I thought that an ordered truck had priorty over a truck that is coming in for dealer stock. I ordered the truck from a Chev dealer, is it possible that is the reason that my GMC is held up ? This truck seems to have been pulled into a black hole.

I was told by a GM rep the 2015's will start being built the end of March. My opinion is wait for the 2015's and maybe they will have most of the big issues worked out by then. PM GM Customer service on this site to confirm, they helped me out a lot.

Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Start building 2015's in March? That doesn't make much sense. Past years they will have a week shutdown and the new trucks start hitting the lots in July.

He may have been speaking of the SUVs which start production feb/march

Ryan

I've seen info on other sites regarding the 6.2L and Max Tow package being constrained (probably for several months) due to the SUV launch. They are supposedly building inventory for the Denali and Escalade and I think all the SUVs use the larger axle?

And March does not seem correct for 2015 half-tons. Typically it's after July or so.

cancel the orfer and get a '15. You might even luck out and they will still build it, ship it to the dealer, and it sits on the lot for a couple months. Maybe by then you can get some really good rebates for end of year closeouts.

I went from a 2013 lemon that I bought last march into the 2014 they replaced it with. When I ordered my 2014 last May 6th the chevy websites were not up and running for the 2014s. I was able to order it but told they were not being built yet. That being said, I would think the same timeline would apply so you would not see a 2015 being built until sometime in May and arriving in June/July like previous posters have said. I have also heard that they do a shutdown like another poster said.

I've seen info on other sites regarding the 6.2L and Max Tow package being constrained (probably for several months) due to the SUV launch. They are supposedly building inventory for the Denali and Escalade and I think all the SUVs use the larger axle?

And March does not seem correct for 2015 half-tons. Typically it's after July or so.

You nailed it....build date for 2015's is usually mid-late summer...and the Denali and Escalade should come with the 3:42 or 3:37 as an option on the 6.2

I'm curious on when the 2015's will be available too since I've still got a month or two until I get one. I figure I might as well wait till summer and get a 2015, depending on incentives that are available.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Archived