4wheeler or side by side?

I've owned several quads over the last 10 years, current one I didn't spend too much on, a 2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4. For years, the 500 Scrambler was the fastest 4x4 made until the bigger 700 cc and up machines started being built. Fastest thing I've ever rode was a friends 800 renegade, that thing is really fast. Now there's 1000 cc atvs and of course 1000 cc side by sides. If money were no object, I'd get the rzr 1000 xt, its the most powerful and fastest side by side ever built, 80 mph bone stock top speed. Can am maverick would be awesome too. I've got a Arctic Cat dealer nearby and the new Wildcats are pretty nice too. I think you wouldn't go wrong whichever one you picked. I owned a 660 grizzly before as well and it was one of my favorite quads ever, could see getting a 700 grizzly sometime so I'd put in a vote for the 700 grizzly, 2014 models get a noticeable horsepower increase too. Not the fastest of the big bore machines anymore but still plenty peppy enough and feels a little smaller and lighter than some of the others. I wouldn't get a Honda Rincon, from what I've heard that automobile style transmission never seems to be in the right gear and upshifts when you least want it, like when you're climbing a steep hill.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a left over 2013 for 10, 300 OTD. Actually went to pick up a brute force but for another $1000 I figured this was totally worth it. Call Ridersville Cycle up in Berkley Springs, WV. Not sure how far they are away from you though, I remember you telling me your down there in southwest VA aka moonshine country lol

I forgot which I sat in but there was a leftover 2013 can am side by side for 13k when I went and got my quad. For a can am that's like being given away Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

Thats not too bad. I don't think there is any difference between the 2013 & the 2014 model years?

Yeah I checked on the location of that place & I'm over 5 hours away, if there is a killer deal, I might consider getting one from there.

Man, those Mavericks look awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I test drove the '14 700 SE on Friday. Man that thing was nice, had plenty of Power. The seat seemed pretty comfortable, better than the Outty, imo. I had it up to 40mph. If I got the SE, they had a nice set of STI Black matte rims that wasn't too bad of a price. Think it was look badass.

Here are good and bad;
I was approved on the Yamaha ($9300) & was gonna get it Friday, but was gonna wait and see if I can get the Can-Am Outty 1000XT, well I went up there yesterday and I was disapproved ($12K). It costed more. So, go figure.

I went to another Can-Am dealer bout a month ago and they had a '14 Outty 800XT for $10,900.
I'm gonna see if they can get me that....be cheaper than the 1000XT & I can make it powerful with mods down the road. If Not, I'm getting the Grizzly.

What should I do?

I did some you tubing and now I'm in love with the Maverick. Just another thing for you to think about I guess, haha.

I thought the Outlander 800 was about right for me. Plenty fast, and a great ride. They did their homework with the suspension.

I did some you tubing and now I'm in love with the Maverick. Just another thing for you to think about I guess, haha.

I thought the Outlander 800 was about right for me. Plenty fast, and a great ride. They did their homework with the suspension.

Rides like a dream. Rides better than my truck that's for sure lol

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

Man, the wait is killing me. Came oh so close gettin the Yamaha.

I really hope I can get the Outlander.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Are you also on the can am forum and ask about what we paid for our outlanders? The name is quite similar

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

It depends on how you want to ride. 700 Grizzly has good power from the low end up to the midrange and kinda falls flat at top end. The Outlander will definitely be faster. Sounds like you really want the Can-am. I was looking at a used 850 Sportsman recently at a local dealer and sat on it and thought, man this would be nice. But 8K for a used machine is simply not in my budget but I wish it was. I think the power is just about equal to the 800 outlander. I remember one of those comparison videos Polaris had and they raced the machines for a certain amount of time, 10 seconds I think. The 850 sportsman and the 800 outlander was a dead heat with the 700 grizzly being several quad lengths back. Not sure if the 850 sportsman or Kawasaki Brute Force were on your list but that's 2 more that you could possibly consider. You really can't go wrong with any of them, they're all great machines.

Archived