bluetooth not working all the time

I have had my 2014 sierra for a month now and i have noticed that my iphone 4 connects sometimes and others it doesn't.

the weird thing is that when i go to the "manage phone" screen it says connected. then when i switch back to the previous screen, it says "no phone

connected"

i drop the phone from the list and reconnect and it says the same thing again.

i have even tried unparing the phone and repairing.

no dice.

has anyone else experienced this? should i go to the dealer?

I get this sometimes on my Droid. But mine shows unconnected, I generally re boot the phone and it works. But your issue is different because it actually show connected... I dont know.

My two intermittent issues are this... and the voice prompt level not holding it's setting. It changes itself back to "long" after a few days.

• 4 months later...

I have a similar issue with my iPod's Bluetooth connectivity, although it doesn't happen all the time. It'll be playing fine, but if I manually change the song the Bluetooth connection is lost. The iPod continues to play, but not through the truck speakers. If I push the "Radio" button and then the "Media" button the iPod begins playing over the speakers again. I was told a "flash" might fix the issue......we shall see since I will be taking it to dealership this week. I've done a hard reboot on my iPod and it continues to happen.

no probs with my iphone 5. I even have it jailbroken. It connects pretty much flawlessy every time i start the truck.

Could be an issue with your phone, try a hard reset and see if helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I listen to iheartradio , my issue is , when iPhone is plugged in to USB I get no iheartradio , but if not plugged in , it Bluetooths just fine. I know you need to be smarter than a smart phone , but I I'm not, is this operator error or a short fall on the my link ?

My iPhone5 works great.

There was a calibration (software update) sometime back for Bluetooth issues. It solved a lot of issues with connecting and staying connecting. Try restarting the iPhone 4 and if it continues, ask your dealer about any calibrations available for your unit that are focuses on Bluetooth.

Edited by chuckl1218

It appears that there is some kind of underlying problem with BT connectivity. My experience.... have a phone that connected and worked perfectly in my 2011 for the three years I owned it. Now, in my new 2014, the same phone goes through a cycle of connected-disconnect-connected-disconnect-connected-disconnect-crash phone. By crash phone, I mean that it actually turns the phone OFF without human intervention. It pairs up just fine, but immediately enters this crash and burn scenario 100% of the time. Makes no difference which device initiates the pairing. I have another (older, ironically) phone that works perfectly. Both of the phones are Nokias.

Lawnmower2020 - I'm having a similar issue as you. My truck just started doing it - connected-disconnect-connected-disconnect its constant. It has not turn my phone off though. I have a Chevy LT and Iphone 4s. Have had the truck for a year and same phone the entire time. No issues until recently. It's annoying. Truck is at the dealership for the transfer case and 'speedo' updates. Tech wants to complete those first, see if maybe it magically corrects the Bluetooth issue.

I have a 2014 sierra and an LG G3 and this just started happening to me the last couple weeks where it would drop out of bluetooth during a call but pandora or music streaming would be just fine. Calls tended to drop anywhere from 50 seconds to 2 minutes in typically. I just had the radio update done and that didn't seem to fix the issue either at this time. I've tried unpairing and pairing the phone again to see if that would help but no such luck so far.

Please keep me posted on any possible fixes you guys come across.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...