Suspected Tampering DLC or ALDL

I guess it is true then. I had an Edge Insight (Monitor Only, no programming abilities) on my 2012 LML Duramax and had numerous issues with the truck including emission system sensors and transmission shifting issues, something different every time. After the 5th time bringing the truck in, 2 times being towed, the service writer told me it was the Insight (he called it my programmer) causing the problems. I talked to that guy ugly and made them cover the cost to fix it and traded the truck in the next day. I was even a smart a** and made it a point to walk over and let him know he had plenty of time to fix it now as it was his problem. I feel like a butt now reading that and probably got rid of a good truck. Actually it is still in the cabinet at the house if anyone wants to try one out; gauges worked really good.

Hmmm a device like Range......

I just did an 900 mile trip with the range installed. No noticeable problems.

Although it is known that if you have the range unit plugged in on the day that OnStar does the diagnostics check, it wont be able to complete the check and you get an email saying "no connection to vehicle" or something form the OnStar Diagnostics automated email program.

I just did an 900 mile trip with the range installed. No noticeable problems.

Although it is known that if you have the range unit plugged in on the day that OnStar does the diagnostics check, it wont be able to complete the check and you get an email saying "no connection to vehicle" or something form the OnStar Diagnostics automated email program.

IC, I'm sure there are several other items that plugin also. Good to know you had no issue.

Mike

damn, and I wanted to do a Diablew tune

Roll with the In-Tune. Doesn't stay hooked up to the truck. Same programming capabilities just no gauges or monitoring when unhooked.

Roll with the In-Tune. Doesn't stay hooked up to the truck. Same programming capabilities just no gauges or monitoring when unhooked.

exactly- flash and unplug. I'm still debating the diablew tune myself. If I decide, it will be the in-tune device not the trinity.

Mike

exactly- flash and unplug. I'm still debating the diablew tune myself. If I decide, it will be the in-tune device not the trinity.

Mike

Same here, on the fence

Insurance monitoring device... lmfao!

What exactly is funny about it? They are voluntarily installed monitor devices that allow people to have lower insurance rates based on their better driving habits.

Insurance monitoring device... lmfao!

What exactly is funny about it? They are voluntarily installed monitor devices that allow people to have lower insurance rates based on their better driving habits.

I'd rather not make my driving a matter of electronic record. :lol:

I know exactly what they are. The fact that they are causing vehicle issues is the funny part(there goes your cost savings). AND I'll pass on anyone/anything monitoring my driving.

Archived