6.2 review needed

I have a 5.3 w 3.42s..complete dog and has terrible trottle response..even my gf drove it and said its hard to get out of its own way..def go 6.2

Dont know about the 6.2 never drove one

That's weird. my 5.3 with 3.42's feels fine. I drove a 5.3 with 3.08's tho and that was a dog.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry but for some people it may be different, but as a rule of thumb in the trucks that been tested so far stock truck performance numbers are very close. Pulling there is more of a differnts. I don't know yet if they tune different. Check the car and driver web site and 0 to 60 for starters. These sites as well as others do this for a living, and are pretty well known for testing.

I tell you what Ill get you some videos to show you the difference between a 6.2 and a5.3!! Its huge!! Ive logged alot of miles in both and tuned 3 of the 5.3s so far. I been reading car and driver, motortrend, 0-60, for years!! I dont know everything but I do know what I experience in both tuned and stock 5.3s and 6.2s as I have the privaledge of driving both for a good bit of miles! Im not just basing my opinion off 1truck. Ive driven 4 different 6.2s and prolly 20 different 5.3s. And I also own a 6.2 and drive every day. Not sure how the difference can be shown other than a WOT test but thats what Ill video side by side and post up here. Hey its just my real world opinion from MY own experiences and not something Ive read.

I replied to you in a different thread, your numbers are not the rule, most people woulnt see that. Pro testers for magazines will in most case do better then the average Joe. They test mostly at sea level in controlled conditions. Ive drag race since the 70s in cars most people dream about. When someone ask a question or an opinion I name sources when I can, to give a balance answer. Ive run 10 seconds in a diesel, to say all diesels run 10 seconds would be a untrue.

First, if you are checking your MPG off of the dash info IT LIES.

I checked for about a dozen refills so far. The trucks mpg info is off.

I have the High Country with the 6.2. In city the gauge says 15.5 to 16. The Pump says I am actually getting 14.5 to 15.

On the highway at 75-80mph I am getting 13.5 to 14.2.

I get about 5% better mpg using the low grade fuel compared to high octane. The high octane cost you 10% more.

The fun part, it is powerful and it is fast for a pick up.

I timed it a few times out of curiosity, not that I drive like this, 0-60 in just over 6 seconds.

Will squall the tires if you want.

When passing someone it has a very good punch and acceleration.

I like it.

It has more punch than the 5.3 in the wifes truck.

The only con so far and it is annoying when it happens;

The transmission seems to hunt for gears sometimes. It usually happens when you have powered down in slower traffic and need to take off again. In the right situation you get a jolt when it engages.

It has done this less the more I drive.

Im not gonna sit here n argue with somebody who drives a 5.3 everyday and then wants to read a magazine to try n tell me or anyone else how my truck and every other 6.2 truck runs compared to the 5.3. Ive only been alive since 1976 so since youve been racing since then I guess you know enough to tell me that car n drivers numbers are correct and " the rule"!! If everyone believed car n driver and motortrend they would all drive a dodge! The truth is which is the answer to this thread, there is a huge difference in the performance of the two engines and anyone who says tnat its not that much simply does not know!! Buy the 6.2 you will have no complaints!! The mpgs are a little less but the performance simply out weighs that aspect!

My 2014 LT 2wd QC runs a 10.80 1/4 mile and gets 37 miles per gallon! I been racing almost 82 years and my mom was once voted most likely to abort her first son... well... that was a botched attempt so here I am. 6.2's are slow because they are so heavy, and it takes a lot of power to lift that big ole piston. They were designed for feeding cattle because the lack of power doesn't spin on cow patties as bad as the much more quicker, high revving 5.3!

That brings me back to the old days.... ah... the badest motor on the planet... the 283!

Why is the info screen show higher mileage than actual? Think just to mess with people's heads or is it a computer issue? Who gets better mileage with say 87, 91 or 93 octane?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Mine wil show within 1 mpg either way, that's very accurate compared to some of the American cars I've had in the past. My 95 BMW M3 would be within .5 almost every time, including track days out at Hallett. 20 yo technology

Archived