6.2 review needed

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.2l Ltz z71 CC..I've had it 2 days. Here's a few random thoughts.

I can't not tell when it's in v4 or v8 unless I look at the gauge.

The interior of this truck is near perfect. Buttons and gauges all in the right spot. Looks great. LED lights are nice.

Even the 6.2 has a weird throttle response. It's like the first 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of the gas peddle doesn't do anything. I've gotten used to that and adjust the amount of gas accordingly. The truck is fast!

High beam projector headlights absolutely light the road up!

Heated seats get plenty hot.

Bose radio sounds great. I use spotify streaming app..streams at 320 bit rate. Sounds better than XM radio.

So far I'm extremely satisfied with the truck.

Denali 6.2L w 3.42 gears. Power is great, 2,000 miles 70/30 city/highway and I'm averaging 14 MPG. Wouldn't trade the power for better mileage!

Hey an honest answer! You must not drive like a little girl.

Wanted to mention on the "interior is great comment" I mostly agree except: check the carpet where it meets seams, under the steering wheel. Check the rear doors where the pillar meets the door card, notice the gap? I've seen a decent sized gap there on every single one, I'm going to complain to the dealer about it.

I have a 6.2 with about 1100 miles and I'm getting between 14.5-15 real world. I drive kinda hard and replaced stock muffler/resonator with flowmaster delta 10 racing series muffler. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does she sounds when she switches into "V4" mode??

The past 5 years ive had a 2010 cc silverado 5.3 with 3.08s leveled with 33s intake muffler and tune i stalled. Averaged 12.5 with 70 city and 30 highway. Camaro ss.. Same mods minus level. Aberaged 13. My new 14 cc sierra leveled with 33s intake exhaust and soon to be tuned. With the 6.2 and 3.42s im aberaging 13. Ive driven all of them the same way. Pretty aggresive and like to get my foot into it alot lol. And this new truck somehow gets better than my last truck and about the same as my camaro. Im sure i maybe floored my camaro a little more but not as much to think i would be getting the same as this new truck

To the few that are calling the new 5.3l a complete dog, I just don't get it. I currently drive a 2011 6.2l. I have taken a test drive in a 2014 5.3l on multiple occasions. It has really good low end torque compared to the previous 5.3l (I previously had a 2008 5.3l). I am very satisfied with the response on the new 5.3l, and that's coming from someone who loves their 6.2l and gets on it some. Not saying the new 5.3l is equal at all, but it's not absolutely terrible. I just don't understand what some people were expecting from it because I was impressed. I'll probably go 5.3l when the 2015s come out., but I need a little better mileage and don't need the extra power anymore. Didn't mean to get off subject. But I'm sure I'll miss my 6.2l some......

I have 3k miles on my 6.2 SLT Z71 double cab. Great truck, great power, combined 16. I enjoy getting on it so 6.2 was my only choice. I have order ARH headers which should be here soon. That and a tune should get me vette hp numbers. I can't wait. Quietest running vehicle on highway I've owned. AFM is flawless. Only complaint is FM radio reception which is bad. Dealer told me a fixis on the way.

To the few that are calling the new 5.3l a complete dog, I just don't get it. I currently drive a 2011 6.2l. I have taken a test drive in a 2014 5.3l on multiple occasions. It has really good low end torque compared to the previous 5.3l (I previously had a 2008 5.3l). I am very satisfied with the response on the new 5.3l, and that's coming from someone who loves their 6.2l and gets on it some. Not saying the new 5.3l is equal at all, but it's not absolutely terrible. I just don't understand what some people were expecting from it because I was impressed. I'll probably go 5.3l when the 2015s come out., but I need a little better mileage and don't need the extra power anymore. Didn't mean to get off subject. But I'm sure I'll miss my 6.2l some......

Have you tried one of the new (2014) direct injection 6.2's?

I have 3k miles on my 6.2 SLT Z71 double cab. Great truck, great power, combined 16. I enjoy getting on it so 6.2 was my only choice. I have order ARH headers which should be here soon. That and a tune should get me vette hp numbers. I can't wait. Quietest running vehicle on highway I've owned. AFM is flawless. Only complaint is FM radio reception which is bad. Dealer told me a fixis on the way.

Subscribed,waiting your opinion of the ARH results

The 5.3 and 6.2 are not that far apart on mpg!! Power they are! The 5.3 is absolutely no slouch though. A tuned 5.3 with 3.42s runs incredibly strong! Esp when tuned! I drove a demo 5.3 with 3.42s on a 650 mile round trip before I got mine and ran 78-80 mph and it got 19.0 for entire trip! I thought that was fantastic because I never babied it. Youve gotta learn to drive these trucks also!! Knowing how to drive is key to mpg. The cabin is so quiet you cant hear the engine to tell how much throttle your applying alot of times I apply too much hurting mileage. From what I can tell my 6.2 on that same mountaineous trip would hv been around 17. Highest your gonna achieve in 6.2 I believe is gonna be around 20-21 but the 5.3 will get over 23 in same cases! I test drove a 5.3 with 3.08s and its mileage sucked!!! Huge difference!! These engines have a great torque curve and are very responsive! Dont forget bout that higher compression they have which relates to responsivness.

Yes keep us informed on the ARH header install fish!!!! And the results !

I am sorry but for some people it may be different, but as a rule of thumb in the trucks that been tested so far stock truck performance numbers are very close. Pulling there is more of a differnts. I don't know yet if they tune different. Check the car and driver web site and 0 to 60 for starters. These sites as well as others do this for a living, and are pretty well known for testing.

Archived