Hp tuner or EFI live for the new Silverado/Sierra

I have HP tuners. I have NOT cracked into my truck mostly due to fear of warranty loss and new generation engine. I HAVE tuned just about everything else and can only vouch for them that it is a good software, way more power than any average tuner would ever need. My only gripes with them currently are that they are taking a back seat to the freedom of tuning your vehicle and are hiding behind the EPA on several issues and locking up possible tune parameters. Lean Cruise, DPF delete, etc.

I have a couple strictly off-road only vehicles that I should be able to change whatever I want. It's only a matter of time before theses different tuning software companys are so scared of lawsuits that they are nothing more than a hypertech tuner, because I feel that changing the speed limiter, turning off O2 sensors, and other things of that nature are no different than what they are already starting to limit is on.

Sorry you had to listen to my rant but not sorry enough to go back and delete it all, LOL.. Jump on the tuning bandwagon before it's a thing of the past.

1 vote for HPtuners.

Thank you for the info. Well I have a good tuner here where I live so I probably go with HP tuners. Better get it quickly then. Putting gears in when I get home. Gona wait till on tuner till all the bugs get worked out on my truck. Which is none actually. Just waiting to get my recall done. I already got miles on this truck with no problems lucky. Knock on wood. Does HP tuners have the software for the transmission yet on the new truck? I'm sure they do since its probably the same transmission from the last few years. I'm sure they done a little bit of tweaking gm that is.

Me, a GM dealer tech, and some buds lol, looked at the new PCM on the 2014 trucks... Its the same as the last ones. GM did improve the software but its still not that much different from the GMT900. Which means the tuning software was cracked immediately. My local shop can already change any parameter. Just a heads up.

Thank you for the info. Well I have a good tuner Does HP tuners have the software for the transmission yet on the new truck? I'm sure they do since its probably the same transmission from the last few years. I'm sure they done a little bit of tweaking gm that is.

They do have TCM tune-ability. I'm not sure how much tuning you have done, if any, but these new ECM/TCM's have a ton of parameters to play with or mess up, whichever approach you prefer. :)

Archived