Trip From Broken Arrow, OK to Edmond, OK

I don't have as much detail as iCryWheniGoPoop had in his post but my 2014 6.2L LTZ Crew with 91 octane premium got some fantastic gas mileage I think!! True dual exhaust, 3rd cat gone, and an Airaid CAI. I was using my '07 LTZ 5.3L for reference and that dog NEVER got this kind of mileage. It was around 240 miles round trip mostly on the Turner Turnpike with the cruise set at 80mph. If it gets this good now I wonder what it will get when it gets broken in? Anyhow I couldn't be happier and could wait to "tell the world"!

140218.jpg

made a 180 mile round trip last nite airport and back 4 big suitcases 4 adults in a snowstorm auto 4wd on 60 to 70 mph cause people get in the way.. lol ..same as you just over 20 mpg very impressed ive also got the 6.2 with 342 gears

I wish I would have done my research on the new 6.2's... Because I would have one now if I new they got that good of mileage. With the deal I got on my truck i was just happy I got what I got.

I feel I'm getting great mileage with mine to- Crew cab Z71 5.3 3.42 gears, 22" wheels, Airaid, Corsa sport and custom street tune. I made a 108 mile round trip to a gun show this past weekend and hardly used a quarter tank cursing at 70.

yzebyqaq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cursing at 70

Hmmm... You must have took your wife with you!

Haha!! Nope I took my buddy from the track and he had his 4 year old so I took it easy. Plus troopers were everywhere that day cause it finally broke 30 degrees and sun was out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have as much detail as iCryWheniGoPoop had in his post but my 2014 6.2L LTZ Crew with 91 octane premium got some fantastic gas mileage I think!! True dual exhaust, 3rd cat gone, and an Airaid CAI. I was using my '07 LTZ 5.3L for reference and that dog NEVER got this kind of mileage. It was around 240 miles round trip mostly on the Turner Turnpike with the cruise set at 80mph. If it gets this good now I wonder what it will get when it gets broken in? Anyhow I couldn't be happier and could wait to "tell the world"!

140218.jpg

I have made the exact same trip a dozen times in the last month. Although I didn't make it all the way to BA just east Tulsa.

The High Country with the 6.2 its mileage on the turnpike with premium fuel was 13.5 to 14 mpg at 79mph. This was round trip checked at the start and end of the trip. This was from actual at the pump checks at various stations multiple times to see what mpg I was getting.

I would check your gauges against actual use. I found the dash gauges on mine are off about 1 mpg.

It's pretty consistent so I'm pretty sure my gauges aren't THAT far off, if at all. Might be the true dual exhaust and Airaid CAI that I have installed on the truck. Right now I'm getting between 14.5 and 15.5 around town which I check manually when I fill up. Maybe it's time for some mods for YOUR truck;) .

Tapatalk via iPhone 5s

Archived