TPMS question

altongl

I believe the 14's do not have warning lights, just the tire pressure display. I run 40 psi in my tires and the recommended pressure is 32 psi front and rear and I have never seen a warning light. Although, if I am wrong about the warning light, I will be corrected here shortly!!!

no you should not have a tire light on. when manufacturers starting tpms they had the tires pressure set to a thresh hold. i.e. if the tire is not between 30-40psi the tire light should come on. but with trucks that is stupid because when people tow they more than likely air up their back tires. so now they only have the light come on if it gets below a certain PSI. also when I first bought my truck they had around 40 psi in my tires and I drove like that for quite some time and on some warm days were I drove a lot I would look at the psi in the tires and they got up to around 45 psi and I had no light on. go to your local gas station and pump 50 in their and see if the light comes on. then you will know for sure.

Archived