My new Denali with 34" Duratracs

Jon A

Now that you've had it for a bit are you still not noticing any rubbing? I'm thinking of going with your setup but I'm worried about the rubbing and if the tires will like too thin being that they are 34" and not even 11" inches wide.

It's a matter of taste and practicality for how much you're lifting. Fatter tires certainly look meatier, as would wheels with less offset, but that would increase the odds of serious rubbing problems. I do plan on doing those, but not until I lift it some more.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dumb question... do the 14 denalis are they still awd? i know they offer them in 2wd models now i think but do they have a selectable 4wd system on them now?

No AWD, they're regular switchable 2WD/4AUTO/4HI/4LOW now. I wouldn't have bought an AWD.

Jon A,

I'm thinking of going with these same exact 34" Duratrac tires.

My concerns are how do the larger diameter tires feel on truck when it comes to low and mid-level torque; say when the light turns green and you begin to accelerate through 1, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears (does the truck shift gears earlier or later, than stock did, or do you notice a difference)?

Putting on larger diameter tires should affect final drive ratio/torque and power at the wheels to the ground.

Do you feel like the truck is a little more sluggish than it was with the stock tires?

Also, have you noticed the truck RPMs on the highway at 70 MPH cruising?

The truck should be wanting to cruise at a little lower RPMs now, but sometimes that can make it shift or downshift (hunt for gears) more often when beginning to cruise up a hill lets say.

Have you noticed this difference? I'm hoping this 34" tire wont change up the gear hunting of the transmission too much, or make the truck feel too lethargic.

But thats why I ask.

Thank you in Advance for your feedback.

BTW...the tires look awesome...I figured they would! Thats why I've been researching these tires and this size also!

Jason

So you put the rc 2.5 inch lift kit on and didn't install the upper strut spacer? I'm thinking of doing the same to maintain the rake.., looks great thx

What change have you noticed with the in you MPG? I'm torn right now between going 33.1" or 34.6" durtracs on 18s

Looks great BTW. I love durtracs. Had them on my last 2 trucks

• 4 weeks later...

Had had the dura trac on my silverado for the winter with aftermarket wheels. Last week I traded in my silverado for a Sierra and put the stock tires and wheels back on it. I had the "E" dura trac in the same as stock size and when I switched back to stock I saw a 1.7 mpg gain. When swapping out the tires I couldn't believe how much heavier the dura trac were.

Had had the dura trac on my silverado for the winter with aftermarket wheels. Last week I traded in my silverado for a Sierra and put the stock tires and wheels back on it. I had the "E" dura trac in the same as stock size and when I switched back to stock I saw a 1.7 mpg gain. When swapping out the tires I couldn't believe how much heavier the dura trac were.

Thanks!

Great looking truck! I've decided on the Dura Tracs but am considering the 285/60R20. They are a half inch shorter and a half inch wider than the 275/65R20. They are also $50 more per tire so i may just go with the 275/65R20.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think rubbing would probably be likely without a lift in front, in the rear you're probably OK.

The ride is a bit firmer, but not objectionably. It still rides like a Cadillac. I can hear a bit of hum from the tires if I listen for it. It's not an overwhelming, constant hum like you get from mud tires, but much more subdued. I think if the rest of the vehicle wasn't so quiet you wouldn't be able to hear it at all. And that's only with the radio turned down and listening for it, with the radio on at any decent volume you won't notice it at all.

Are the tires still quiet?

• 2 months later...

I don't think I've taken any from the rear. These aren't very good but they're the best I have from the front:

IMG_20140227_123559_224.jpg

IMG_20140222_110247_159.jpg

Awesome looking truck! I think you are the only guy that has the 6.2 with this setup and it is exactly what I want to do. I have the high country with the 6.2 and love the power, just don't want to increase tire size so much that there is a significant decrease in performance and fuel economy. As far as performance goes do you have any comments on degradation? How is acceleration performance as far as off the line and cruising on the highway? What, if any decreases have you seen in fuel economy? Thanks for the help and any comments you may have. Again, great looking truck!

Thanks Jon A for the Info.!!!!! Rollin like you....

Do you have the 6.2 as well? If so can you comment on the above questions? Also is that the full RC 2.5 kit? Thanks in advance and your truck is bad***.

FYI Walamart has these tires for $312.....I had a local shop match the price and will have them installed tomorrow.

Can you comment back on the questions I had on the above post? You wouldn't happen to have the 6.2 would you? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Archived