Bed mats

Hey guys I had my truck line x ed a few weeks ago and bought the GM bed mat to go on top. It's a very thick mat but it's been weeks and it's still not flat.. there are about three speed bumps in it and I've put things on it over night to flatten them but it doesn't seem to help.. any ideas? Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you live? It could just be too cold right now, not allowing the rubber to soften and take its normal shape.

Try laying in flat in your house for a few days. Use it as a throw rug. :cool:

When I had my Tacoma I heard similar issues. I got mine in spring though and just parked in the sun and it settled pretty quick. In the cold sometimes it would bubble a bit but it never was a problem. That mat too was very thick.

I like horse stall mats from tractor supply. VERY thick and heavy, doesn't flap around and easy to cut with a sharp razor blade and straight edge.

Funny, I was going to say the exact same thing. For $40, I have used one in my truck for a few years now and transferred it from my 2010 to my 2014 last week. Not 100% fit to size, but works great, though if you used two you could cut to fit. I also have one of those car-top haulers (I found in someone's trash) in the bed that I use to carry sandbags for winter. The stall mat works great because I put a lag bolt through it into the car-top hauler to keep it from sliding around, which it did before I had the mat and the hauler keeps the sandbags like new.

I got the Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat (3/8 thick) when it was on sale in November 2013 for $58.00 including free shipping. Easy on the knees while in the bed.

Fits very good over the sprayed in liner and provides a little sound proofing.

I have the factory GM mat as well, took a couple days of 60+ weather before mine finally laid flat.

I'm going on over a month now, and many of the days have been well over 60 and it's still not laying flat.. I don't know what else to do but put something heavy on it for a week..

It took a little while for my mat to sit right. These mats are heavy. My was about 48 +/- pounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Camper place down the road from me sells an excellent non slip bedmat for 60 bucks. Generic. I'll still have to pick up a tailgate cover off a bedliner to protect that. Been running my W/Ts like that for years.

Check with a local camper dealer if there is one.

Archived