remote start help

Cbyrnes22

Question

I have a 2006 gmc sierra 1500 2wd, with remote start i believe and when i hit the key button on remote my truck starts for 3 seconds then shuts off. But it keeps starting and shutting off. Any ideas what could cause this?

6 answers to this question

It is the fob with the key button on it. Could it be something inside the distributer bc i dont bave aftermarket remote start. The key button on the fob starts the truck and shuts it off. It keeps doing this until i manually start the truck with my key. Im trying to get an idea of what possibly could cause this

You don't have a distributor. If you sit inside the truck and use the remote start, what lights up in the dash? To use the remote start, do you only press the start button? Or do you press the lock button first, then the Start button?

It wouldn't be a factory remote start. Could be a number of things, for example it is not seeing RPM and shuts back down. Best bet would be to take it to someone who services the brand of remote start you have

It is the fob with the key button on it. Could it be something inside the distributer bc i dont bave aftermarket remote start. The key button on the fob starts the truck and shuts it off. It keeps doing this until i manually start the truck with my key. Im trying to get an idea of what possibly could cause this

Archived