Cat delete

I got a 22" Magnaflow on my 6.0, and I think it would really sound mean if I remove the catalytic converters. Has anybody done this? How hard is it to do? Any tips?

To me no cats sounds like shit, just don't.

Try a smaller muffler or even a cutout before the muffler. I had a 22" magnaflow before my current set up and it was a little to quiet for me. Give gibson or mbrp a try.

That GTO is an 04 ls1 by the look of it, your truck is an lq4 or lq9 depending on your options. He also has an x-pipe and long tube headers and i doubt he fit a 22" magnaflow like yours under that gto.

He most likely used a smaller magnaflow muffler.

If you do decide to delete the cats you will need to replace the downstream o2 with simulators, that's what the previous poster meant by you throwing codes.

Try a smaller muffler.

I don't understand, would there be fueling issues? On my motorcycle with the cat removed and just a muffler, it runs better than ever. So wouldn't that theory of no cat with a muffler be the same as with my truck?

It will throw codes because of the reading of the sensors behind the cat. When they sense that the exhaust isn't being "filtered" they'll tell the computer.

So would the engine adjust to new setup, or will it run weird?

So would the engine adjust to new setup, or will it run weird?

It will run a little rich, but it will run fine.

A tuner, like black bear performance, can tune out the rear cats and prevent it throwing codes.

I just deleted the cats on my 2000 used a magnaflow muffler sounds great, just research the spark plug fouler trick, I did it and my truck don't have no cel on.

Does it make a nice difference in sound? Is it worth the time to chop off the cats? I really think it would let out the full potential of the magnaflow. Do you have a video of it by chance?