Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

finally got to install and wire up my RGBW LED boards from diode dynamics last week. These boards are far whiter than the stock lights and it looks awesome having both the top and bottom running at full brightness all the time. Also the ability to change the color while driving is cool too!

if anyone knows a new photo sharing website to use please let me know. Im not about to pay to exorbitant amount that photo bucket is asking so I can share pictures again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2015 at 8:15 PM, Mike1220 said:

She's all grown up emoji2.png

73FA18D8-526C-434C-B953-A9828763F7FF_zps88CE712D-14B5-4573-B237-0178FE9EC634_zps

18D8FDA9-2925-4676-90AD-71C80FBB091D_zps

EE8C5BB9-CCFC-43E8-9683-FFEE9D2B67A3_zps

And my favorite picture

98488487-57D4-4F0A-BB3E-46663CE57222_zps

I saw that you have the hard acrylic b-pillar covers installed instead of just going with the vinyl wrap. Do you still like them after a few years? And how much white paint can you see in the crack of the door with these on lol. This truck is sweet BTW.

I saw that you have the hard acrylic b-pillar covers installed instead of just going with the vinyl wrap. Do you still like them after a few years? And how much white paint can you see in the crack of the door with these on lol. This truck is sweet BTW.

Thanks man! And they are pretty good. Although tbh they are pretty scratched up. I don’t do much that should be scratched them as severely as they are. Maybe a few light scratches from trail riding or washing the truck but these things look like they got keyed. I think that getting the pillars painted is the best option, then vinyl, and then these. From best to worst.
There’s not much of it showing. I don’t even notice it anymore. I’ll get some pics of the white showing when the doors are closed and the scratches as soon as I get out of my class and update this post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know about the scratching. My truck is a pavement princess, but it sounds like they get scratched pretty easily. Called around yesterday, and it seems like $75 is the going rate to have them wrapped. Cheaper to do it myself, but I'm just wondering how much vinyl I'll have to go through before I finally get it right hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, juscuzram said:

Good to know about the scratching. My truck is a pavement princess, but it sounds like they get scratched pretty easily. Called around yesterday, and it seems like $75 is the going rate to have them wrapped. Cheaper to do it myself, but I'm just wondering how much vinyl I'll have to go through before I finally get it right hahaha

$75 doesn't sound too bad to me to know the job is getting done right the first time. Id drop that right now if I found a shop here for that cost

Edited by Mike1220

got my winch installed the other day finally! Tuff Stuff 12.5K winch with synthetic rope and hawse fairlead. Looking good and cant wait to get to use it

up next is a second battery which will be a dual purpose or deep cycle battery and ill have an isolator between it and OEM. After that I'll be building a bed rack that'll have a quick disconnect plug to power 360* lighting and eventually a Roof Top Tent. Cant wait to get all this done 

40823716811_461cca8f47_b.jpg

Edited by Mike1220

• 1 year later...

well damn, I've been away for far too long I'm seeing, especially since I posted that rack design, 7 iterations ago lol. So updates on my truck since I feel like I've been gone for a decade, rack design has changed significantly and plan to start building it soon, also I finally ordered a new set of ball joints since mine have been going out for about 3000 miles now but I have had no time to fix them but I also refuse to pay out the ass for a shop to do them. I have new uppers, lowers,  and tie rod ends, the uppers are cognito again (honestly didnt find out that anyone else made bolt ins for the cognito arms until after I ordered so i figure ill see how they hold up one more time), and the lowers and tie rod ends are from Tough Terrain Xtreme (TTX), the TTX parts seem extremely beefy and well designed which makes me really happy and I cannot wait to get them on and see how long they last. Hoping I can see better mileage from these as opposed to my stocks since Im about to be on my 3rd set of joints at only 76k miles.

also, I have replaced the alternator since my stock one had a bearing that was shot and it was struggling, I upgraded to a 170amp alt and its got my electronics running better than ever. I can turn my subs up, while parked, with every light on, and I see only a minimal dim on hard hits, before I was getting a massive dim while driving with just the regular running lights turned on during a hard hit.

The alt fit in really well even though the stock one was only 130 amps and much smaller. 

Last night I decided to install some new running board lights and attached them to the dome lights.

Edit: here's the lights and the alternator, Ill get an installed shot of the alternator and upload soon, thought I got some but looking back I can't find any. But I'll also mention that my step lights were wired into the puddle light circuit when I took this video, immediately after when I went to back into the garage I realized this wasnt going to work because it was overloading the circuit and when I put the truck in reverse (for those who haven't read the whole thread, I have a diode mod so when my reverse lights come on, so do my puddles) and it overloaded the circuit and made the lights blink a few times and would prevent the reverse camera from working. So now they are on the dome circuit and they fade in and out with the dome lights

49027690862_5dfcc4b8af_b.jpg

Edited by Mike1220
new information

• 1 month later...

Ayo. Upgrade time. So I went ahead and rewired my headlight system. I now have the same FXR projectors and LED bulbs, but i noticed that in my haste with the install I left some wires not totally sealed, cut them back to clean wire and redid it and sealed it up to make a good permanent seal. Also, I redid the fog lights, I put in some bixenon projectors from eBay that have a cleaner cut off than the FXR projectors and came with H11 HIDs all for only $70. However I did have to make up my own bracket but having my own 3D printer now that was easy and fun. So now I have headlights and street legal fog lights again, both of which have a high beam mode, also I have my original D2 driving light pattern rigid industries pods wired into my high beam circuit with a relay that will trigger the pods and the fog light high beam mode when the OEM high beams are triggered. It’s awesome! Plus I already had the fog lights on with high beam mode so this is a complete sun mode!

Hoping this works. I’m trying to upload multiple photos from Flickr at once after a few drinks. If not I’ll have an update tomorrow

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185392562@N03/shares/50YAh5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk