Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

Mike, Hisdem - I can only dream that I had a truck like you each have at 19. When I was 19, I had a Mazda B2000 - 2 wheel drive, tiny, and probably not more than 1500 pounds wet. Whatever you boys are doing to have rides like you do at 19, keep it up!

And Mike that OCD must run in the family. I know it does in mine. :)

it does! lol, Mom is the worst though, she has some German blood and OCD in her, so everything has a specific order. She loves to cook and our refrigerator is probably more organized than the freezers at a supermarket lol. Its scary sometimes.

But I only got this truck cause it was a combination of my working for 7 summers with plenty of overtime at my family's furniture store (i work in the warehouse), parents, and grandparents all putting some money together to get me a nice truck! Honestly I would've been okay with an older truck cause I could mess around more in it and not worry about every little thing but hey, I'm not complaining lol. Everything past the sticker price though has come directly out of my pocket. I started to keep a spreadsheet with all the mods I've done and the money put into the truck, and I'll admit, I have one hell of a problem :help:

Every time I check this thread not only am I amazed by how much good work you've put into your truck, but also by how much electrical work you get done.

I'm your age but every time I see the BCM modules it makes me want to cringe into despair :lol:

Keep up the good work, the Sierra looks better with each update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol honestly I cringe a little too, but then I remember how much fun it can be to see the end goal of what I want so I go for it! Also truck modding is a lot more fun than calculus 2 homework lol, coupled with my ADHD not letting me focus on school work, doesn't make for a great combo :sigh: . But I also get a lot of ideas and help from some other members or threads I find.

Thanks man! And same for your Silverado! In all honesty, if I could, id love to have a rainforest green truck! Its my favorite color on a vehicle and I really wish I had known GM was gonna make these trucks in that color. Im jelly of anyone who has one

Long ass post .....lol

Nice truck dude....welcome

lol, I think a large amount of this thread is a lot of babble, but hey, most of it is helpful after the first few pages when I was just asking a lot of questions or talking about some really cool thing I found

and thanks for the compliment! Its still got many changes to come(: But I plan to keep this truck till one of us dies, and if the engine dies on me, i really want to do a Duramax swap if I can on this truck lol. Seen it done on others so with enough money and desire, it should be able to be done on this one too.

Well, either a duramax or a 6.2L w/ 8 speed tranny conversion(: Or whatever other cool engine they have out at that time

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1

What up Mike, hope all is well.... saw on another post you mentioned you had painted an interior piece white and weren't going to plastidip anymore, with more details to come in your build thread. Have you posted about this and I just missed it or is it yet to come? I was interested, as I'd like to do some of my interior.

What up Mike, hope all is well.... saw on another post you mentioned you had painted an interior piece white and weren't going to plastidip anymore, with more details to come in your build thread. Have you posted about this and I just missed it or is it yet to come? I was interested, as I'd like to do some of my interior.

Post 681 has some pics of the pieces reinstalled. They look the same as with plastidip except finally feel like real paint, far more glossy, and are more durable/scratch resistant. I used to be able to scratch the dip with my nail, but the paint is much tougher. Never put many details but if you want to PM me and specific questions I'll be glad to answer. Can also get more pics if you'd like Edited by Mike1220

• 3 weeks later...

Found some extra pipe lying around at work today, so I decided I'd make some flag poles for the truck [emoji57]

E6867094-2717-4052-9261-1754F4F71F05_zps

Spray lining them with some reustoleum rattle can liner until I can possibly colormatch them to the truck

Got a little bit of work done on the flag poles. Got one side ready, just need to bolt into the pole so I can attatch the flags. Got the mounting set up all sorted on the truck. Don't ask, it involves 2 oversized bolts running through my bedside, glad I have a bedrug so it hides the bolts [emoji16]

DEF3D559-4982-4401-9E2B-A071C8A4C0FC_zps

Yes they stand pretty tall above the truck, they are 4' tall, so stand around 3'6" above the bed, maybe a little less, need them to fit a 3x5 flag

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major, but saw a SEMA build the other day with a polished driveshaft and figured eh, why not haha. Polished mine this morning before the rain hit

F8F874B8-BF4E-4561-9486-DABF9E86C002_zps

Here's a little before and after section

BB8CEDC6-3C92-49B4-9CBB-EED856CE7C5E_zps

Also got an early Christmas present from the parents. Was looking at this thing a while back and they decided to get it for me, except the chairs are black, not blue

BC2E11AB-F3F3-424B-8030-3DDF4598FA47_zps

And forgot to mention, since I had to cut down the LED strips in my headlights, one has started to go out. 3 LEDs won't produce green anymore so I broke down and decided I'd get a pair of Diode Dynamics RGBW boards. Getting some help from Phil at fastheadlights and hopefully we'll make them work like RGBWAs (so they can change color and work like switchbacks [emoji41])

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1

I polished the driveshaft in my lifted truck last year. When it shows from under the truck it really makes it stand out [emoji106]

It does man! And it's not hard to do either. I'm curious how long the shine will last till it has to be done again. Only took an hours worth of work to polish it. I bet it stands out a lot more on your lifted truck!

Nothing major, but saw a SEMA build the other day with a polished driveshaft and figured eh, why not haha. Polished mine this morning before the rain hit

F8F874B8-BF4E-4561-9486-DABF9E86C002_zps

Here's a little before and after section

BB8CEDC6-3C92-49B4-9CBB-EED856CE7C5E_zps

Also got an early Christmas present from the parents. Was looking at this thing a while back and they decided to get it for me, except the chairs are black, not blue

BC2E11AB-F3F3-424B-8030-3DDF4598FA47_zps

And forgot to mention, since I had to cut down the LED strips in my headlights, one has started to go out. 3 LEDs won't produce green anymore so I broke down and decided I'd get a pair of Diode Dynamics RGBW boards. Getting some help from Phil at fastheadlights and hopefully we'll make them work like RGBWAs (so they can change color (RGB) and work like switchbacks [emoji41])

The polished drive shaft looks great, looking to do it to my truck how did you go about doing it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The polished drive shaft looks great, looking to do it to my truck how did you go about doing it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What exactly did u use to polish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a polishing wheel from a friend, harbor frieght variable speed polisher/buffer, and some harbor freight brown stick polish. Also used some never dull.

Basically I just wiped the never dull onto the shaft and then went over it with the polisher and polishing compound. The never dull helped pick up any dirt and i feel like it helped to start pulling the dirt out of the metal so it could shine more easily

B770C20E-E6B7-4AB1-9C1B-B8C9C97D096A_zps

A4C5B8B0-D2BC-449E-B67D-2A9D2B7A6313_zps

I kept it pretty consistently at full speed (3500 RPM) and it got the job done. I'm sure there's better polishes out there that would bring it to a better shine. But this is what I had lying around and had to beat the rain

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1