Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

truck looks great! I have a question about the color changing halos and running lights, Is it possible to wire them so they work like factory? so they turn on with the truck, or come on when you command start it. I know they have to run thru a controller is there a way to power the controller to work as I explained it or do you have to turn them on and off manually.

truck looks great! I have a question about the color changing halos and running lights, Is it possible to wire them so they work like factory? so they turn on with the truck, or come on when you command start it. I know they have to run thru a controller is there a way to power the controller to work as I explained it or do you have to turn them on and off manually.

I'm sure you could leave the controller turned on and hook the power source to a source that turns on with the ignition. Personally I have mine wired straight to the battery so I can turn them on anytime

I originally wanted mine like you are talking about but I just went to the battery directly.

Honestly not sure what a good ignition powered power source would be

What lights did you use for the rear steps? Where did you get them from?

I want to add lights to mine like this!

I used motorcycle underglow pods from xkglow.com, however they have slightly changed the design which makes it a hair more difficult to use these lights for this application. My recommendation is to check out some lights that oznium has, especially the flush mount lights! Only downside is you'd have to remove the rear bumper to install

• 1 month later...

Finally got a wild hair to require my second set of lights on both sides of the truck so I have puddle lights again and not just the trailer lights on the tow mirrors. I can see the ground again without the steps being out! Lol

Also got a bed tent for the truck from Rightline gear, will get to use it for the next few days starting tomorrow [emoji41] taking her off the grid for a few days

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so as usual I can't make a decision on something [emoji28] I want a new front bumper soon as I really want a winch for when I go camping/trail riding since sometimes things can get a little hairy and need a winch

I can't decide on which front to go with tho. I was thinking the SCA since it's cheap right now, houses a winch, has lights, park sensors, and allows use of factory tow hooks, but I've started to look at my truck and am gonna miss havin a bar upfront for a little extra protection incase something happens, plus just havin a bar in general I think looks kinda mean up there. Not just a bull bar but if I could find a bumper with some sort of bar integrated it'd be cool. Let me know what you guys think!

I've decided on what I want to do with the rear bumper tho! Which is a Backwoods Bumpers rear bumper with my own little twist.

So here's my rear idea, Backwoods bumper with 6" bars angled outward w/ flood optics and a single row 20-25" bar in the center with flood/spot combo optics

Bumper

44185831-7FE0-412A-AF46-9C2705B20E93_zps

My "add on" idea

B64A4B70-CEC7-40C4-A7A3-359CEFE492DD_zps

IG: @blackpearl_edition

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1

I really like the backwoods rear bumper, it looks very cool - if it were me, I'd get it powder coated white. I don't know if there's really enough real estate to fit a light bar in the center there without compromising the bumper strength in the middle if you were going to do a cutoff to flushmount the light bar in there...I think that's too busy anyway since you already have the 6" strips on the sides...I think the middle bar would make it too busy and compromise the bumper itself....

• Like 1

That 30" or 40" lightbar looks like shit! Doesn't even look straight!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's clearly a sideways 50" man, come on! [emoji12]

I really like the backwoods rear bumper, it looks very cool - if it were me, I'd get it powder coated white. I don't know if there's really enough real estate to fit a light bar in the center there without compromising the bumper strength in the middle if you were going to do a cutoff to flushmount the light bar in there...I think that's too busy anyway since you already have the 6" strips on the sides...I think the middle bar would make it too busy and compromise the bumper itself....

Yea I agree. It does look kinda busy. I'm even starting to consider doing this

CE046241-5A60-47DF-9F5F-0A9F74EC08AD_zps

TALKING ABOUT REAR ONLY. Definitly not that front lol

That way I can keep steps so my short a$$ can get into the bed still lol

And no worries on paint, I'll be painting the bumpers myself and will likely top it off with some bedlining in key areas where I'm most likely to step on the bumper to prevent scratching the paint, keep the bumper 100% functional, and keep it looking just a bit different from the rest [emoji41]

Edited by Mike1220