Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

well it seems as tho I have neglected to update the thread, over spring break I opened my headlights since one had a massive amount of moisture in it that just didn't want to go away, low and behold I discover that I managed to knock the cap off on the back when I was removing and reinstalling the air box while cleaning up under the hood about 3 weeks before. But while I had it opened, managed to scratch the heck out of the chrome bezel so had to do something. Ended up painting both headlights a semigloss black, also scuffed up the DRL lenses so that they have that "frosted" look.

The accent piece is a silver that looks kinda like the milled accents on the rims.

Will be reopening them in a few weeks to hopefully finish them for good!

B13D7814-1ABC-41B0-90EF-40F2930439A5_zps

F39C3D9E-502C-4641-B1C2-86B617DEA87B_zps

Mike, when you plan on making the jump to 37s or 38s? You have done just about everything you can do to your truck except go taller man. Haha

False. I don't see a cam, twin turbos, or a blower anywhere in this thread lol
  • Like 1

False. I don't see a cam, twin turbos, or a blower anywhere in this thread lol

you forgot gears, headers, train horn, and more :) lol

but I do have a supercharger in mind one day. Probably a Whipple since it seems to be the best for those who plan to tow

Mike, when you plan on making the jump to 37s or 38s? You have done just about everything you can do to your truck except go taller man. Haha

I have plans for aftermarket bumpers, and a few other things before a larger lift and tires are considered.

You know, unless my lead foot manages to burn these up lol. I am currently thinking of doing the RCX 7.5" lift and trying to stuff some 37x12.5 Deegans under the truck. Nothing definite, purely an idea at this point

but I do have a supercharger in mind one day. Probably a Whipple since it seems to be the best for those who plan to tow

I have plans for aftermarket bumpers, and a few other things before a larger lift and tires are considered.

You know, unless my lead foot manages to burn these up lol. I am currently thinking of doing the RCX 7.5" lift and trying to stuff some 37x12.5 Deegans under the truck. Nothing definite, purely an idea at this point

Good point. I'm sure it will be badass when you decide to do those last few things. haha When you decide to get aftermarket bumpers, if you do not use your current fog light setup, let me know and I'll snatch them from you in a quickness.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got the truck back Tuesday from the dealer, so last night/this morning I pulled the front end apart and switched out my headlight halo that I managed to wire wrong a few weeks ago and fry a circuit. Made damn sure to do it right this time lol. But also had to switch out one of the halos in my pods and for some unearthly reason, LEDconcepts downsized their pod halos!!! Now if you want to put their halo in your offroad pods it doesn't go around the edge, it's small enough to perfectly block each light in the DOT pods [emoji849] looks like now Imma have to go with oracles for the pods. Headsup for anyone looking to do LEDconcepts pod halos.

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

• Like 1

What after market bumpers are you looking at? I've been looking the same. I seen one called vengeance and they look pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What after market bumpers are you looking at? I've been looking the same. I seen one called vengeance and they look pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I didn't think they made the Vengence for our trucks? Atleast the last few times I checked they didn't have them.

I'm currently looking at an Iron Bull front bumper and hammerhead rear. The hammerhead rear is a definite no other bumper looks as clean yet aggressive to me. The front I'm still up and down on. It's between iron bull and hammerhead.

Edited by Mike1220

• 2 months later...

Fab Fours does make the vengeance for the K2XX Sierra. It sticks out a bit too far for my taste. Looks like Popeye's chin from the side. I'm really into the SCA front bumper personally. Really low profile and still aggressive looking.

Also, first post on this thread but I've been looking through your build for the past 3 days at work and have to say it's one of the best built Sierras I've seen.

• Like 1

Fab Fours does make the vengeance for the K2XX Sierra. It sticks out a bit too far for my taste. Looks like Popeye's chin from the side. I'm really into the SCA front bumper personally. Really low profile and still aggressive looking.

Also, first post on this thread but I've been looking through your build for the past 3 days at work and have to say it's one of the best built Sierras I've seen.

Ah wait yes I did know about that one. I was thinking about the Vengence style bumper that ADD makes.

I love the fav fours Vengence bumper but it doesn't come with a winch. And it costs $1600. So I'd be spending a lot for something that doesn't have what I need.

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition