Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

Well AC decided it was going to stop blowing cold air out today. Of course in the middle of this summer from hell we are having down here in the south [emoji849]

Off to the shop tomorrow. Also decided it's time to replace the cabin air filter with 38K miles on it. Ordered K&N washable filter. Shall let you guys know how it is!

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

Well AC decided it was going to stop blowing cold air out today. Of course in the middle of this summer from hell we are having down here in the south [emoji849]

Off to the shop tomorrow. Also decided it's time to replace the cabin air filter with 38K miles on it. Ordered K&N washable filter. Shall let you guys know how it is!

- Mike

I had to replace my condenser not to long ago. Of course mine also died in our high temp, high humidity days as well.

I saved a bunch of money doing it myself and it wasn't all that difficult. Ordered a condenser and seals from GM and it took about 3hrs for just the hard parts... I spent about 45-60mins cleaning up parts and pulling highway debris out of the front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had to replace my condenser not to long ago. Of course mine also died in our high temp, high humidity days as well.

I saved a bunch of money doing it myself and it wasn't all that difficult. Ordered a condenser and seals from GM and it took about 3hrs for just the hard parts... I spent about 45-60mins cleaning up parts and pulling highway debris out of the front end.

Got any kind of a write up so I could see all that is necessary? I'm bringing my truck to the shop today to see if they can tell me what happened cause I don't have the time lately to check stuff out myself.

- Mike

Got any kind of a write up so I could see all that is necessary? I'm bringing my truck to the shop today to see if they can tell me what happened cause I don't have the time lately to check stuff out myself.

- Mike

I didn't do write up or take any photos as I had to get it done in a hurry.

GM quoted over $1000 to do it and I was going to have to rent a car for a nearly a week while they had the truck.

I used some UV die R134a and a UV flashlight to find the leak, and sure enough it was the condenser.

I spent about $320 on the condenser, seals and refrigerant. I bought the Horror Fright manifold gauges and my father in-law had one of their vacuum pumps.

I spent less than $400, but the vacuum pump would've cost me $120-150 I think.

So I saved at least 60-65%, but I'd estimate savings to be at least 50% of the cost of not more by doing it yourself(if capable) and depending on the tools/resources available to you.

Electric impacts made the job so much easier and quicker.

I'll try to type a brief description up about what I did although their are several known issues with the A/C system on these trucks. Bad condensers, bad compressors, cracked AC lines(most common), seal failure, improper refrigerant level, etc.

I didn't do write up or take any photos as I had to get it done in a hurry.

GM quoted over $1000 to do it and I was going to have to rent a car for a nearly a week while they had the truck.

I used some UV die R134a and a UV flashlight to find the leak, and sure enough it was the condenser.

I spent about $320 on the condenser, seals and refrigerant. I bought the Horror Fright manifold gauges and my father in-law had one of their vacuum pumps.

I spent less than $400, but the vacuum pump would've cost me $120-150 I think.

So I saved at least 60-65%, but I'd estimate savings to be at least 50% of the cost of not more by doing it yourself(if capable) and depending on the tools/resources available to you.

Electric impacts made the job so much easier and quicker.

I'll try to type a brief description up about what I did although their are several known issues with the A/C system on these trucks. Bad condensers, bad compressors, cracked AC lines(most common), seal failure, improper refrigerant level, etc.

Oh damn, I had no idea there were that many issues with the AC system.

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Started out by painting the exhaust pipes and tips gloss black with some engine grade enamel. While I was down there doing the pipes I decided I'd do the rear axle as well since my usual soap and water doesn't get the thing looking all that great.

C11A2F23-A9F5-4A6E-A4E1-5848FA218C12_zps

- Mike

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Great looking truck Mike!! Really like the bull bar in front.

i was wondering how you got the parking sensors to fit into the bull bar so perfectly. i am thinking about getting one, but i would really like to have the ability to use my front parkng sensors.

Thanks man!

they were a pain in the backside to get into there. I think I went through like 3 drill bits between the 2 holes cause of how strong the bar. They sit in there really well tho and haven't budged since day 1 so I am happy about that. Once I get an offroad bumper the bullbar will be for sale with the light bar and sensors still attached

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Promise you guys I haven't forgotten to post sound clips. Been crazy busy with final exams and moving back Home amongst other things. Should have a sound clip up in the next few days!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just ordered a Road Armor Sahara bumper with winch cutout for the truck! Work order will be submitted tomorrow and hopefully on the truck by the end of the month!! :) Ordering 12K winch and lights tomorrow. Pictures will be posted of the install process and finished product as soon as it all happens!

btw, for anyone else interested the Sahara Bumpers are on sale for $899 plus shipping right now! I got mine for $1090 to my front door

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally made a decision on which off-road bumper to go with a few weeks ago during a huge sale from Road Armor and decided to go with their brand new Sahara model with winch plate. I think my favorite part of this bumper is that they rate it for 12K lb winches for our trucks and declare the shackle mounts as tow points. Only company I've talked to that actually declares that shackle mounts as useful tow points. Couldn't be happier with the outcome. I'll post better pictures soon. Hopefully will be able to order a 12.5K Tuff Stuff winch soon if they ever come back in stock.  I highly recommend this bumper to anyone looking for a replacement for the stock bumper. It completely changes the front end and its lines perfectly compliment the OEM body lines 

5259FB48-A8C1-43B5-9A63-B7F9D083606F_zps

07084EEC-4F7C-467B-8854-AB94AAE827EC_zps

• Like 1

• 2 months later...