Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

Well I hope that you will be able to cause that bumper will look really sharp.

And we're on to the next step(: MOVE can add the park assist sensors and some extra holes for my DOT pods in the center, and if I want, they can add some holes for me to access my factory row hooks if I need. I probably won't go with them tho so the bumper doesn't look like Swiss Cheese. I think I'll stick with the park assist and DOT pod spots tho.

Wood trim panels are back to being wood trim. For now [emoji57]

Soon there shall be no more dip on my mirror caps or my interior trim. I'll let y'all's minds think of what's happening

• Like 1

Gutted what I believe to be the second cat. My buddy says otherwise so that's why I say I believe it's the second cat. Either way, it's gutted and the truck sound a heck of a lot meaner and throatier

9080E5B5-0898-4C33-A2FA-D9FCB1870374_zps

4F49730D-025E-4DDA-9E6B-6F2009C866B6_zps

It was this one^^^

Talking about the cat in the top left. I know the other thing isn't a cat, I was just trying to get a pic with more than just the cat for a buddy

Edited by Mike1220

Really, sounds better? How did you go about removing the inside material? I'm not really interested in having a exhaust system installed on my truck but might be interested in something like that.

Wasn't easy. But doable while on the truck (that's how I did it). I took a 12" extension bit, my drill, and a drill bit, and used some electrical tape to make for sure that the brill but would stay in the extension and just started drilling holes through like crazy.

After that I took a hand chisel that we have (not really sure why we have it) and just hit everything down with it. It was a pain. The stuff isnt very weak. Took my an hour and a half. Also I even took the chisel and some times and and put it into the drill backwards and clamped down onto it so I could spin the squared handle (since it's solid metal) and had that beat up the material. Used a shop vac to pull most of the pulverized guts out and started the engine to blow out more.

You can gain access to it by undoing the clamp that is right past the cat, between it and the flex pipe. The stock cats must be pretty restrictive because doing this did make it feel like the 0-60 is faster and the tires spun easier. Imma have to get a 0-60 time later.

And a teaser!!

1CA096E0-F141-406C-92EC-0581E6AE1B9F_zps

Btw, I looked under the truck because I noticed a rattle and saw that I hadn't reconnected the exhaust 100% so all the obnoxious sound I had was a near straight pipe exhaust. The piping past the gutted cat wasn't hooked up so the only thing that was on the exhaust was the 1 cat sitting on either header. Fixed the exhaust and kinda missing the loudness [emoji28]

Gutted what I believe to be the second cat. My buddy says otherwise so that's why I say I believe it's the second cat. Either way, it's gutted and the truck sound a heck of a lot meaner and throatier

9080E5B5-0898-4C33-A2FA-D9FCB1870374_zps

4F49730D-025E-4DDA-9E6B-6F2009C866B6_zps

It was this one^^^

Talking about the cat in the top left. I know the other thing isn't a cat, I was just trying to get a pic with more than just the cat for a buddy

Why not just remove it? You'll get the same effect but save time.

Why not just remove it? You'll get the same effect but save time.

By gutting it, it'll still give the appearance that it's there. Plus if I removed it I'd have needed to weld in a pipe in its place which I don't personally have the ability to do so gutting it out was free and saved time in my situation. If I could weld, I'd have considered just putting in a pipe and removing the cat

By gutting it, it'll still give the appearance that it's there. Plus if I removed it I'd have needed to weld in a pipe in its place which I don't personally have the ability to do so gutting it out was free and saved time in my situation. If I could weld, I'd have considered just putting in a pipe and removing the cat

Ah, going all stealth! Us Alabama boys aint go no emissions lol.

• Like 1

That's the third cat, you have two more coming off the manifolds. One on each side. I bet it sounds a lot meaner, Pretty sure that's part of the reason our exhaust is so quiet.

So the cats that are one per side, count as the first and second cat? I thought those together would count as 1 since they are 1 per side. And so the exhaust as an even restriction. Thought those were 1 and the one I gutted was 2

So the cats that are one per side, count as the first and second cat? I thought those together would count as 1 since they are 1 per side. And so the exhaust as an even restriction. Thought those were 1 and the one I gutted was 2

Driver side is considered bank one, passenger side is considered bank two. If an o2 sensor ever goes bad, it will say for example bank 2 sensor 1 which means passenger side before the cat. Sensor two is post- cat. Not sure how many o2 sensors are on these trucks though

Driver side is considered bank one, passenger side is considered bank two. If an o2 sensor ever goes bad, it will say for example bank 2 sensor 1 which means passenger side before the cat. Sensor two is post- cat. Not sure how many o2 sensors are on these trucks though

Ah alright thanks! So I've been wrong all along in thinking that the 3rd cat was somewhere past the muffler and was discarded by the dealer when they changed the exhaust before I took delivery.