4L60e transmission model cross reference

On 10/9/2019 at 9:14 AM, Doug_Scott said:

Whatever became of the OP?  His thread got hijacked by so many people that it should have been shut down.  That is likely something the OP needs to complain to admin about before they will shut it down.

Did he get the girl or not? 

Indeed. These bots are getting good. Easy to weed out, what with their awesome grammar and 1-2 member posts. LOL

On 9/24/2016 at 2:09 PM, SpartanAutoworx said:

You can use any 1/2 ton 4L60e Trans the transfer case makes no difference.

Years that fit 99-06-07 classic truck

2000 NBS - 2006 full size Suv

Sounds like the OP got a bad used transmission.

I reread thread and the OP already knew why none of the gears engaged, he just didn't know it.  About three or four posts later he says the torque converter bolt pattern was so different none of the holes lined up.  If that was true, then that was why the transmission was not working.  Torque converters also drive the oil pump, so, no connected, no go.

10 hours ago, Tony jack said:

I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 four-wheel drive 2003 it has a 4L60E  transmission and people are telling me that that year right there does not interchange with anything else is this right and if so what's the barcode number on it cuz when I bought the truck and had two transmissions and they're both different so I'm not for sure which one to have rebuilt to put back in

Check out this page, and the links in it, to identify the year of the 4l60e's you have, which should tell you which one to rebuild.

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Blackbetty said:

I have a 99 Sierra 4wd the chain in transfer-case is flopping around. I have an 03 2wd Tahoe can I use that trans and driveshaft? Will it work and just be 2wd or would I have to get a driveshaft built? Thanks in advance for any advice

I would just take out the chain if I had no money, or replace the chain, rather than swapping everything out.

As for doing the swap, I would suggest getting out a tape measure, and measure from where the transmission mounts to the engine, back to the u-joint on the rear diff, for both trucks, If it's the same, then you can swap them without needing to hack up the driveshaft.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1999 Chevy 1500 z71 has the 5.3l vortec with 4l60e auto 4wd. I'm having transmission problems won't shift past 2nd gear in drive. I still have reverse, 1st and 2nd. I've plugged in a tester an no codes pop up. Any ideas on what I should do or check into before junkin it an getting a new one. If I do need to start looking for one what would be my best bet for finding a decent used one?

On 10/19/2019 at 3:18 AM, Doug_Scott said:

I reread thread and the OP already knew why none of the gears engaged, he just didn't know it.  About three or four posts later he says the torque converter bolt pattern was so different none of the holes lined up.  If that was true, then that was why the transmission was not working.  Torque converters also drive the oil pump, so, no connected, no go.

Will any 4L60E Transmission work for an 06 Silverado as long as it is From 99-06

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 1999 z71 with 5.3l I have a rebuilt trans out of a 1998 with the 5.7l will the trans work all plugs are the same and it’s bolted in next step is bolt the transfer case and drive shaft and cross member Or do I stop now and find a nother trans 

• 4 months later...