4L60e transmission model cross reference

I have a 2004 silverado Z71. After a hell of a lesson that is still getting rammed up my backside by monster transmission I was left with having to get the cheap, fast, used trans for I am having back surgery in 2 weeks. Just noticed its a 4KCD am I still good to install this thing cause this time it may not come out for about a year.

• 2 months later...

Hi was wondering I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4 with the 5.3L the tranny stopped engaging in any gear wasn’t sure if it was my torque converter or the tranny itself I had a reman put in 2 2/1 years ago so wasn’t sure it was the tranny but got a 99 Tahoe with a 5.7L & the 4L60e tranny will the Tahoe 4l60e bolt up to my 5.3 in my Silverado? I heard I can buy flex plate and adapter to get it to work but wasn’t sure. Just need to get this truck back on the road it’s my only means right now any info is greatly appreciated thankyou.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an 06 chevy silverado 1500 2 2heel drive 4.3 liter engine transmission is out and I found one with this tag number on it 619CJDY22711584 I'm trying to figure out if it will work in my truck all help would be greatly appreciated I dont understand how to tell if this one I want too buy is the same as the 4l60e that's in my truck

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

You'll at least still need the throttle body and fuel rails from the '00 engine, as the '04 uses a different setup.  Transmission probably just swaps in, but I'm not 100% sure of that (assuming it's already a 2wd/4wd version to match the truck).

If the transmission isn't the same "wd' type, you have to completely disassemble the transmission to swap the output shaft, as it's almost the 1st part that is installed when assembling the transmission.

• 1 month later...