Rear Power Sliding Window

Has anyone successfully added a rear power sliding window to there truck? Mine did not come with one, but I really would like to have it. If someone else has toyed around with this idea, then I would love to hear what they came up with. Thanks

well you'd need all the glass, the open/close actuator and cabling, the wiring, the switch and then have your BCM reprogrammed.

Oh, I'm sure it can be done. But don't expect it to be cheap by any means.

And it's only a 250.00 option from the get-go! I wonder why southern trucks don't all get ordered with them? We don't need a defroster on a flat window down here. My 2013 had one and I used it.

I wish they would have put the one in mine that I asked for.

Unfortunately the salesmen aren't as smart as the people that did the real work,...building the truck,...they just think they are.

I have already looked into it, and while yes it was only a $250 factory option the quote I got from GM was into the $3000 range by the time parts and labor were figured into the retrofit.

Plus your truck has to be on of the higher end packages to have the wiring in place, I have a All Terrain and the harness is in place in the overhead bin and by the rear window. The lower end trucks are not setup like this, so the retrofit would not work on them.

Depending on price I would consider aftermarket.

I checked around just a little bit, and it seems it will cost around 1500.00 to get a quality aftermarket sliding rear window. That is more than an electric sunroof with better controls and a lifetime warranty.

Couple of threads on this around here. bottom line: too expensive. even after market. I tried this on a 900 that I wanted to buy but needed the window for me to buy. Got a lot of unanswered questions and an out of sight cost.

I have an All-Terrain. I really did want this option, but by taking what they had on the lot it saved me a bunch of cash vs. having the dealer ordering my a built to order truck. If I had ordered a built to order truck the cost over what was sitting on lot would have been very expensive.

Does anyone know exactly what parts I would need to accomplish having an OEM sliding rear window??

I have already looked into it, and while yes it was only a $250 factory option the quote I got from GM was into the $3000 range by the time parts and labor were figured into the retrofit.

Plus your truck has to be on of the higher end packages to have the wiring in place, I have a All Terrain and the harness is in place in the overhead bin and by the rear window. The lower end trucks are not setup like this, so the retrofit would not work on them.

Depending on price I would consider aftermarket.

My SLE has the wiring harness in place. It plugs right into the power sliding rear window.

Lesson in life: Don't take the truck if it is not what you want. Tell them to keep the truck if it was not ordered/built to your specifications. You are the decision maker with the cash. No one at the dealer eats until you sign & metal leaves the lot.

This. I do not know how many trucks like I wanted but with no slider that I passed on.

My SLE has the wiring harness in place. It plugs right into the power sliding rear window.

well that's because you have the option installed. But what they're saying is lower trims without the option wont have the wiring. But higher trims without the option installed may have the wiring.