Fuel Neck Issues 2015 Yukon XL Denali

Glad that it was fixed. I haven't had that problem with my '14, but I had it happen to my 98 a handful of times. But if I remember right with the times it did to it, it would only do it with the handle on the fastest setting and once I put it to the slowest one it was fine.

As for the ones saying to just stand there, well I don't play with my phone but that's the time I use to clean off the windshield and sometimes side windows. I might even check my tire pressures real quick. But hey, I guess I can do all that while holding the nozzle.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem with my 2015 Suburban. 5-10 seconds of filling and Click! Call me lazy but I've been filling up my Chevys for years without this problem.

2015 suburban ltz 4x4 ordered it October 2013. Picked it up March 2014 built in the Arlington Texas plant.

I've had many problems:

-The filling up at the pump issue

-My exhaust chirps loudly...sounds like a bird is back there when I hit the gas. Turn off the music and listen to the back right side of your rig. It'll drive you nuts

-My driver seat rails slide, side to side when I corner

-Steering wheel clicks when parking

It's going back to the dealership soon

Other than those issues its been a good family truckster. I guess that's what I / we get for buying the first year model.

• 1 year later...

As I chased this "hard to fill" issue around YouTube, this guy says it is the evaperative canister under the truck.

I D K. What do you think?

Edited by 4bycamper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

We have the very same issue! 2015 Suburban. Every time I fill the tank it pops off. If I hold it in place it stops pumping. I can't fill the tank up all the way because it does this about 20 times if not more. I brought it in to the dealer and when they went to fill up it worked. $10 worth. And I am also having a problem with the shifter going into drive but being in neutral. They say that it isn't happening for them at the dealer service center and I have to wait till it happens again. We have 4,000 miles left on our warranty. I am not happy. 

And let me add that the exterior trim would almost fly off when we went over 60mph on the freeway. We had to epoxy it back on ourself.

Edited by peziobro2007

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this same issue with all 3 GM cars I have owned, a 2009 Tahoe LTX, 2014 GMC Denali and most recently with our 2015 Suburban LTZ. Impossible to set the fuel pump and walk away, it pops out after a few gallons if not sooner. I have learned to slightly pull out or turn the fuel pump and then not set it on full blast, using a slower flowrate on the fuel. Seems to help.

• 1 month later...

I have the 2016 Suburban and it does the same thing every time I fill up I have to hold the handle or while it is filling if I put pressure on the handle downward it works, but cannot walk away.  I was in Arizona where they don't have the cover on the nozzle and it worked great.  My troubles seem to be with California. If there is something I can tell the dealer to fix this that info would be great.  I have leased the car and don't want to keep it after if this problem continues.  Thanks

• 1 year later...

I own a 2015 Suburban and live on a gravel road and thought maybe the evaporator canister was clogged so I removed it, washed it out, and blew air through it to dry it. After I reinstalled it it was still not filling like it should. It took my wife 15 min to put in 11 gallons of gas. My only concern about the neck needing to be adjusted is that it didn't start doing it until a few months ago and has progressively gotten worse.