?'s about Hybird pickups

Guy at work asked if GM still had the hybird trucks, so I came to look at the fourms to see what was posted about them and found nothing!!

So I will ask if anyone has one knows of one any information on them, I am not sure if he found one to buy or what he wants to know about them but since I never paid attention to them I thought that someone here might know something. Thanks

:jester:

2009-2013 was the production run for the GMT-900 hybrid trucks and suvs.

All sorts of info from GM here: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/silveradohybrid/2013.html

Hybrid system details

GM’s advanced Electrically Variable Transmission (EVT) and 300-volt nickel-metal hydride Energy Storage System (ESS) work in concert with the standard 6.0L V-8 gasoline engine with Active Fuel Management (AFM) and late intake valve closing (LIVC) technology to enable the Silverado Hybrid’s efficient performance. This hybrid system not only enables the Silverado to launch and drive up to 30 mph on electricity alone, it also allows the 6.0L V-8 engine to operate in its more economical V-4 mode for longer periods.

GM designed the EVT to provide the best combination of city and highway fuel economy. Used with the Vortec 6.0L V-8 engine with Active Fuel Management, it is an all-purpose system well-suited to providing excellent economy and full-size pickup passenger-carrying, cargo-hauling and trailer-towing capabilities.

The EVT is designed to bolt directly to the standard four-wheel-drive transfer case found on the gasoline-only models for true four-wheel-drive capability. The Silverado Hybrid’s unique powertrain system comprises these major components:

• Electrically Variable Transmission (EVT)
  • Energy Storage System (ESS)
  • Vortec 6.0L V-8 with Active Fuel Management (AFM) and late intake valve closing (LIVC).

The only thing they really had going was electric operation up to 30mph when possible, and city fuel economy ratings that dwarfed the non-hybrids at the time (21 city 2wd, 20 city 4wd). But, the new Ecotec3 engines and the Colorado/Canyon can get the same or better mileage, and tow more. Hybrids were rated at 5900-6100lbs, a new Colorado can go up to 7000lbs, and a 4.3 Silverado can pull higher numbers than the hybrid as well.

You can still buy NEW left over 2013's that have yet to sell.

Know there was a 2013 crew Hybrid 2 weeks ago when Mom bought her car at a local dealership.

Wonder what sort of deals one could score with the 2015's being out?

• 3 weeks later...

They don't make them anymore. I had a 2010 Sierra that I bought GM Certified in Virginia. It was a crew cab 4x4. I would average 22 mpg on the highway and it did very well in the city. The only reason I bought it was such a good price and it was only 6 months old. They couldn't sell it and it was on the lot for awhile. They were about to send to auction. It had 25k miles and the overall speed of the vehicle came out to be 55mph if my memory serves me correct. I walked out paying 25,000 for it. We had it until last January when I traded it in for my wife's Equinox. I actually got 23k for it on trade in. The only issues we ever had with it was the front tires. They would cup on the inside and an alignment was not the issue. GM said the alignment was the issue then I paid for an alignment put the rear tires on the front and by the next free service the tires were worn on the inside again. Then GM changed there mind and said its because of the roads I drive on. Thought that was funny because I drive 37 miles one way to work and 31 are all highway and the other 6 are on a nice new paved road. Overall it was a great truck and very impressive fuel economy. They use regenerative breaking so there's no need to plug it in to charge up unless you left it sitting for a very long time. I was happy with it but we didn't need 2 trucks so I traded it and bought her a new Equinox.

Archived