2500HD mod questions/suggestions

Shock extensions are recommended due to essentially maxing out the travel when raising the front suspension, so they are useful but not required. I found that a 2" crank didn't severly limit the shocks travel. a lot of people crank the stock keys and get an alignment and all is well. It's the amount you lift that adversely affects ride quality and requires new UCAs. It's basically the same concept as lifting a 1500 with just a different means. 2" is a safe bet that won't hurt anything. Now I will say that the last time I messed around with t bars was when I had my 03 HD, so it's been a while, but I'm sure the suspension is basically unchanged.

Thanks. I plan on getting control arms and shocks later once the factory shocks get worn out. I will do a little experimenting when I do to see if the extensions actually make the drop stop the down limit in the suspension or not. I am pretty sure they will. I am really just curious for other people doing it as I won't be adding them until I do control arms. I would rather the limit stay on the shocks like it is without extensions rather than beating the control arms on the frame.

• 10 months later...

Anyone ever try the BFG AT KO2s in a 275 70r18 on a 2015 2500HD? Searching all over the place and seeing a lot of people considering but haven't seen any confirmation if they fit with no rub. Not trying to change anything with the t bars!

Anyone ever try the BFG AT KO2s in a 275 70r18 on a 2015 2500HD? Searching all over the place and seeing a lot of people considering but haven't seen any confirmation if they fit with no rub. Not trying to change anything with the t bars!

I had 275/70/17s on my 2011 2500HD. No issues. Loved them. Looking to buy some for my 20s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just put BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2's, 275 70R18, on my stock 18's and am extremely happy with the outcome. Tested at full-lock and no rubbing of any kind, and not concerned that there would be any rub with suspension compression at full-lock/bumps.

Even though only .5" wider and 1" taller, they really do make a world of difference in the appearance. No real off-road testing yet but I am sure they will perform well.

hi , i am new to this site sorry if i am not posting in the right area or if it my questions have already been answered , i was curious to see if i can fit any of the factory 20 inch oem wheels from either gmc or chevy on my 2015 chevy 2500 , i have the 17 inch work wheels on now and would like a little dress-up , also was wondering if i would be able to switch the dash setup to the nav screen setup from the factory as all i have is the onstar mirror and small radio screen with no cd player .... Thanks in advance

Archived