Radio bezel Gap

Well while my tahoe is in the shop, i had them look at the radio bezel because it is bowed in the middle of the bezel to the tune of about 5mm. Emailed them about it, they said its normal and looked at other trucks in the lot. Well i worked in automotive interiors (Engineering ) for a long time. That is not normal, anyone else having this issue? It looks to me the the soft pad is putting pressure on both sides of the center bezel and bowing the middle out.

This is the thin strip between the radio and the HVAC controls.

The GMC loaner i have has a real aluminum (i think) and fits much better, completely flush.

Does anyone else have this issue, and if they dont and have a good fit.....can you send me a pic. Needs to be a Tahoe/ Suburban tho.

• 5 months later...

Exact same issue. Only difference is that my wife has a 2015 Yukon Denali and I drive the 2015 Suburban. Same part on both (looks like anyhow) and mine has the gap and hers does not.

Dealer said they are all like that - checked a few Tahoes and Suburbans and they were all like that. Any ideas / fixes? It's annoying when I rest my hand when inputting nav or changing the radio station.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with the gap behind the bezel (beneath the screen) on my 2015 Suburban LTZ. The dealer did replace the bezel with new ones twice. They gave it a "good try" but it is not better. We were initially comparing to a GMC Yukon that had a nice tight fit. However, after the two tries, they gave up and told me that it couldn't be fixed and I shouldn't lose sleep over it. It is a .060 inch gap and, as mentioned above, my hand slides on the metal edge when using the navigation screen. Just seems like poor fit-up. I thought of filling the gap with an outdoor latex caulk. Or, I have some o-ring material that is the proper thickness that I might slide into the gap. I don't really like either idea. Any other thoughts?

Thanks, CoalCreek

Archived