Remove torque managment

TQ management only reduces the engine TQ when shifting. There's 2 reasons your truck could feel that way. It could be if the Tundra you had was still drive by cable where there's a cable running from the pedal to the throttle body. GM trucks for the last few years have used drive by wire which can make it feel a little longer to get going. The 2nd thing could be if you have 3.08 axle gears like mine which I hate and plan on switching them out for 3.73s.

TQ management only reduces the engine TQ when shifting. There's 2 reasons your truck could feel that way. It could be if the Tundra you had was still drive by cable where there's a cable running from the pedal to the throttle body. GM trucks for the last few years have used drive by wire which can make it feel a little longer to get going. The 2nd thing could be if you have 3.08 axle gears like mine which I hate and plan on switching them out for 3.73s.

Not true

Contact black bear performance, they use efi and will fix you up.

Not true

Contact black bear performance, they use efi and will fix you up.

Maybe I should have been more specific then. It's to help the transmission by when shifting in high RPMs. It also does it when you floor it from a stop which I thought I typed but I didn't. You don't really feel it and it's really only used if you're hot rodding around which isn't good for the truck anyways.. What he's feeling could also be where a member on here said the bracket for the pedal flexes and he said it. The only time mine has felt a little slow was the couple of times that I've floored it from a stop which is the TQ management. Honestly it's really no need to pay hundreds for a tune just to try to get rid of that when it's another system that's having to save someone from themselves, just my opinion. Took me a second blown engine, 2 axle replacements and the transmission replacement in my 98 to learn that most of these systems are to protect you from destroying the vehicle. Just like the TC and stabilitrak.

Torque management is in there to protect the driveline and prevent premature failures. Some believe it's in there for liability. Maybe. Not likely anyone outside of GM will know for certain as those types of product liability discussions are attorney-client privileged information that is closely protected from disclosure. But there are some knowledgeable people that believe it's there to protect the driveline.

Either way, I don't think you really want to "remove it" completely. You might be better served to have this discussion with Jenna or Justin from Blackbear Performance. Remember, if you trash your trans, it's on you if you've tinkered with the TM.

Torque management effects pretty much everything. Engine torque management, trans torque management, brake torque management, abuse mode. All of these take away power. Removing these makes such a huge difference

I would really steer clear of explicitly asking for TM to be removed. It was designed, tested, and implemented to protect various parts of the power train - a good look at the things it touches is here:http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_parameters_gm_trans_tm.htm.

A good tuner wouldn't do this. If you want a different feel, they can tweak other parameters. Remember, 999% of the time with tuning/modding you can have power, reliability, or economy. Pick one.

TM is for driveline protection - It reduces the sudden loading of parts experienced during torque requests. E.g., gives time for full clutch engagement, etc.. The biggest use is for longevity of stock parts using lesser materials or design. Not saying that won't last without TM, but you'll reduce the service life without it.

In the diesel world(Duramax), little difference has been found between turning off TM/defuel - At least not big enough to reduce the longevity, even with high capacity clutches or builds. Some lag can also be attributed to a GM tcm programming to allow line pressure to build off idle as well (Although, I can't say how the TCM is programmed in this application): being that the 6l90 is a clutch-to-clutch, I fairly positive it must go into defuel during the clutch hand-off, similar to an allison 1000 too.

They can take out TM by % / time. If you absolutely want all of it gone, I'm sure the tuner will oblige. If 0-60 today is all that matters to you, you should have bought a rice burner bike.

Read the tuner section, I use Hypertech. I can lay down rubber like my old 383 blown truck using E85 with it. I turned it back to 50 percent. I imagine black bear will give you a more tailored tune. So yes TM effects everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gm trucks are slow to start. We drive fords for work trucks and a friend has a Nissan titan. I've driven both and have stood on the gas like my truck and nearly broke my neck from the lack of hesitation. Both my 2010 and 2014 were smooth to take off. I can see the fun in the instant giddyup, and the fineness in saving your payload from a jerky ride.

Archived