Anyone here got a AVS 21023 bug flector

Not to put you off but you will find the reason you just don't see bug deflectors on newer trucks is because the new stuff is very streamline and but simply adding a bug deflector it really messes up the airflow resulting in a loss of mileage as well as air tumbling which can cause a turbulence and/or drone in the cab.

Google will tell you everything you need to know.

A study was done on semis using a bug deflector and at 60mph it took 60hp and 2mpg more to overcome the bug deflector.

I've heard that two, that's why they came out with the aeroskin or so I was told, I dunno I'm worries with that one eventually the tape will dry out and let moisture behind it and get trapped in there, I was considering 3m then the aeroskin on it

I've heard that two, that's why they came out with the aeroskin or so I was told, I dunno I'm worries with that one eventually the tape will dry out and let moisture behind it and get trapped in there, I was considering 3m then the aeroskin on it

Almost did the AVS aeroskin. Had local shop order it in. I backed out when I realized the only reason that I wanted it was to protect my hood. The way it mounts will allow water and dirt underneath and I'm not about to invite rust. It's also not a bug deflector.

I have it. I wanted it because my GMT900 got quite a few rock chips on the stop that this model actually protects. But I pretty much hate it. It begins to whistle at about 70-80km/h and continues all the up the speedo.

Probably taking it off when I get around to it

I did a little googling and this was the only study I could find:

http://www.freightwing.com/docs/NRC_Wind_Tunnel_Test_SAE_Paper.pdf

I wasn't exactly buying it either. In this case the bug shield cost them an extra 248 gallons to go 81k miles. that's only about .003 gals more per mile. Plus, the bug deflectors on semi's are huge. Much bigger gains come from decreasing the drag on the sides and rear.

fwiw, I have the weathertech one, I can't say I have a good test right now since I added a rack to the bed with bike racks and took off the air dam lately after I added it. I thought it went down right off the bat but it was really cold that week. Right now it's in the 70s here and I'm at 18.8 mpg this morning, 80/20 city to highway driving.

Going on a long trip next week, might know more then. No wind noise.

On a Chev, they have horrible cheap plastic mounts. On a GMC they're held on by stickers. Neither choice seems like a good choice to me... best time to add one is at trade in time to hide stone chips, I wouldn't want that flimsy thing waving in the wind the whole time I drive

I have the Stampede Vigilante Premium VP Series bug deflectors on both my wife's 2014 Chevy 1500 and my 2012 Chevy 3500 dually and we have no wind noise up to 80 mph and it did not change our fuel mileage on either truck. Both were easy to install.

I have the Stampede Vigilante Premium VP Series bug deflectors on both my wife's 2014 Chevy 1500 and my 2012 Chevy 3500 dually and we have no wind noise up to 80 mph and it did not change our fuel mileage on either truck. Both were easy to install.

how does it install?

Archived