-Tuner Opinions-

I have used Hypertek and Diablo in past. My Diablo tuner just got stolen so I'm in market for another tuner.

What is the best bang for your buck, and will give best performance.

I have 2006 2500HD with 6.0, small lift with 35's, dual exhaust, Air raid air intake. I tow frequently and plow. I use it my truck hard, and travel all day sometimes. I want what everyone wants: Good gas mileage and better power.

If you really want the best bang for the buck, you should get a tune like Blackbear or EFI live. You should be able to find someone locally who can do EFI live. The off the shelf type hand held tuners are "good" but they're not 100% specific to what's going on with your motor. You'll get the most out of the tune going with Blackbear or EFI live.

If you really want the best bang for the buck, you should get a tune like Blackbear or EFI live. You should be able to find someone locally who can do EFI live. The off the shelf type hand held tuners are "good" but they're not 100% specific to what's going on with your motor. You'll get the most out of the tune going with Blackbear or EFI live.

Black Bear is the way to go..............

There are custom tune guys that use data logging from the Diablo tuner that the owner does while driving and develop custom tunes that are specific to that vehicle. A guy named Lew that you can google under Diablew does this and many folks seem to be very happy with the results. Last I checked, he charges $100 and will do as many logging events as it takes to tweak the tune for your particular vehicle. Get on his site for more details. I am only going by what others have discussed. You drive for a while while doing a data logging with the Diablo, email the log file to Lew, he sends back a custom tune, you run that one and do another log file, repeat the process. From what I understand, he generally has the tune tightened up pretty good in about 3 events. That is both engine ECM and trans TCM adjustments.

Oops. Guess his price went up a little. $145. Just checked.

http://www.diablewtune.com

Thanks for all input guys. ...I knew about Lew, and have a Diablo tune in now but tuner was stolen. So I have to spend $100 to have my PCM re flashed by dealer before I decide. Not sure to get another Diablo tuner or Blackbear now... Well It all doesnt make difference now because I got into accident and not sure if I have truck right now.... its not good.

Archived