Chrome caps on new tow mirrors

Since I didn't buy the LTZ I don't get the chrome "caps" on the new tow mirrors. Since I'm going with a white/chrome look I was thinking of getting some, but I can't seem to find any in the aftermarket world. My guess is they are just too new, but has anyone seen anyone selling them yet?

Also noticed a few people looking to trade the chrome window trims for black. I may be open to this as well if anyone is looking.

I get a pretty good deal through work from gm, but I'll find out cost today. Thanks man.

It's a gasser, but I have to ask what the hell is the difference in the mirrors from a gas to a diesel?

• Like 1

I get a pretty good deal through work from gm, but I'll find out cost today. Thanks man.

It's a gasser, but I have to ask what the hell is the difference in the mirrors from a gas to a diesel?

The outside air temp sensor is in the bottom of the passenger tow mirror. Therfore the bottom cap has a hole in it for the sensor.

Interesting and dumb on gm's part if you ask me, but I can understand the logic I suppose.

Well looks like it's a $4 difference between gmpartsdirect and the dealer we buy parts from.

my dealer cost is 56.10ea for the upppers and 44.59ea for the lowers.

Edited by hegsz71

• 1 year later...

IMPORTANT!!!!

15H Driver listed the part numbers above but one is wrong. They all fit tow mirrors both diesel and non diesel but the RH lower has two choices.

23444117 - RH Upper Chrome
23444118 - LH Upper Chrome

23444121 - RH Lower Chrome with OAT (hole in the bottom for Outside Air Temperature sensor visible under mirror)

23444122 - RH Lower Chrome no OAT

23444123 - LH Lower Chrome

!!! This is below was incorrect giving you two right hand lowers and I have to ship it back to get the new one now. !!!

"23444122 and 23444123 are the lower caps for gas. If you have diesel you need 23444121 and 23444122."

I believe the sensor is tied into the engine controls and not related to the radiator or temp readout in the cab.

Which is why the mirror and cap are different for the diesel.

• Like 1

Mirror caps are pretty easy. I just did them on my 2016 and I over thought the passenger side trying to disconnect things but should have just popped out both mirrors, let the top one dangle and remove the 5 torx screws allowing the backs to pop out easily. The passenger side has the OAT outside air temperature sensor mount molded onto it. The only issue I had is the lower mirror which pops off easily broke a tab each time I removed it. I am sure it's a cheap part from GM and they have 8 tabs on them. It goes back on fine but they are a tab per time short now. Truck looks so much better with Chrome now.

Edited by jstarkey

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Skeld said:

How do you "pop out both mirrors" to get

These videos should help get you started...^ Skip ahead to the 3:14 mark to see him pop of the lower cap.

To see how the top cap comes off skip to 3:26ish mark.

• Like 1